Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Why Framework Laptop i5 1340P

redscarelett
Beginner

Hi 

I have replaced the mainboard with a 13th generation processor. I did a clean install of Windows 11 and Framework bundle drivers. Then installed DSA software and updated graphics drivers. WOW that should not happen, Alchemist Graphic card is bigger than my mainboard. Intel Arc Pro 31.0.101.4955 has been installed. Could there be a long-term issue. I upload 2 text files SSU and Intel Graphic Commander. My dedicated graphic memory is 128 Megabytes. I do play games, 2 are DX-12 and 2 are DX-11.

Thank You

Regards Redscarlett

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Dedicated video memory means absolutely nothing.  Your graphics will allocate up to 50% of your system memory.

What is it exactly that you are trying to say?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
redscarelett
Beginner

When a failure occurs whom, would I have asked for help. Forums or Customer Service?

0 Kudos
redscarelett
Beginner

Since you failed to answer my question. Whom do I asked? Close this conversation. No Solution found.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, I answered your question about dedicated video memory.  I also asked you to clarify what your problem is.

If you cannot, then the issue is closed.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So I read through this conversation and *still* don't understand what the actual question is. WOW, what shouldn't happen? What possible long-term issue?

Not that I understand what the 'bigger' comparison is actually trying to measure, but your 'graphics card' in this case is actually a combination of the graphics engine in the processor and circuitry on the motherboard that (eventually) presents you with DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA or DVI port(s).

...S

P.S. Al is correct that the dedicated memory is only 128GB - and no, it cannot be configured to a higher amount. During runtime, based upon the demands of the graphics software (games, photo & drawing apps, etc.) running, the graphics driver will automatically allocate (up to a maximum of 50% of the (initially) available) system memory to use as VRAM. When demands drop, some or all of this allocated memory will be returned to the System pool, thereby making it available to support non-graphical operations.

0 Kudos