Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
469 Discussions

PEG10-4C01 Repeated Corrected Hardware Errors

BellicosityKit

PC freezes or randomly restarts after display goes black. From the event viewer I believe I've narrowed it down to this:

BellicosityKit_1-1692227933205.png

Which I've traced to a system device called Intel PEG10-4C01. I've scoured Google and attempted all the fixes I could find including adjusting my power settings, but am still getting these events and crashes. 

Driver version: 10.1.41.5

PC Details:
ASUS ROG Strix G10CE
Intel i7-11700F
Windows 11
32g RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Toshiba DT01ACA100 HD
WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-1002 SSD
Samsung C24F390 monitor
ASUS VE198 monitor
Various USB accessories (webcam, mic, keyboard, mouse, headphones, keypad, external drive)
External speakers

I'm at a loss as to where to look next. Bios is updated, all drivers are updated, all Windows updates have been done.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BellicosityKit

Thank you all for your support. We are currently stable. Here is what seems to have worked, from the NVIDIA team:

In NVIDIA Control panel > Click on Manage 3D settings > and on the top right click on 'Restore default settings'.
- Click on Help and put a tick mark on Debug mode.
- The power management settings help in most of the cases. Here's on how to do it:
1. Go to NVIDIA control panel > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings.
2. Global settings > Set the power management mode to prefer maximum performance.
3. Click on Apply, close the control panel

That seems to have stabilized things at this point. I will save the other recommendations in case the issue persists in the future. 

Thanks again

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

BellicosityKit, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

For this scenario, in order to rule out a possible hardware problem with your Intel® processor, please install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=intel%20processor%20diagnostic%20tool

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the Intel® processor?

Did you build the PC?

Was the computer working fine before without showing a black screen, getting frozen, or randomly restarting?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BellicosityKit

Hi Albert, 
Thank you so much for your assistance. I was able to find out a little more about the device in question,  Intel PEG10 - 4C01. When disabled, the display ports on my gpu no longer work. When enabled, they work again.  I will reach out to NVIDIA as well for support but in the meantime here is the information you've requested:

When did you purchase the Intel® processor? 
April 23,2022

Did you build the PC?
No, it was a pre-built model from BestBuy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6479509.p?skuId=6479509

Was the computer working fine before without showing a black screen, getting frozen, or randomly restarting?
Yes, it gives no indicator of trouble with anything prior to freezing and restarting. Neither does it make a difference if I'm playing a gpu intensive game nor just simply browsing Chrome.

If yes, when did the issue start? 
It has been working perfectly for about a year and just started having issues a few months ago.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?
The only changes have been regular updates - Windows, drivers, software, etc. Nothing that I am able to pinpoint as the cause.

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?
Home

Everything has passed on the Diagnostic Tool.

SSU Report attached. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BellicosityKit, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Based on th einvestigation performed, I would like you to try the following:

1. Set the BIOS settings to default.

2. Update the GPU drivers. From the report, you driver date is "12/04/2022" and Nvidia website shows "Aug 08, 2023".

3. If possible, use a different power PCI-E power cable from the GPU to the power supply.

4. You can also try the steps from the Microsoft website:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
BellicosityKit

Thank you all for your support. We are currently stable. Here is what seems to have worked, from the NVIDIA team:

In NVIDIA Control panel > Click on Manage 3D settings > and on the top right click on 'Restore default settings'.
- Click on Help and put a tick mark on Debug mode.
- The power management settings help in most of the cases. Here's on how to do it:
1. Go to NVIDIA control panel > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings.
2. Global settings > Set the power management mode to prefer maximum performance.
3. Click on Apply, close the control panel

That seems to have stabilized things at this point. I will save the other recommendations in case the issue persists in the future. 

Thanks again
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BellicosityKit, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I am glad to know that the Nvidia team was able to help you and provide you with a solution. I noticed that you marked this as the solution, would you like to close this thread? Or, do you need further assistance?

Let me know how to proceed.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BellicosityKit, 

This follow-up is just to check if you have encountered any errors again or if the steps from Nvidia completely fixed the issue.

I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BellicosityKit,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos