Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Pre purchase question

Oldfoxy53
Novice
Hello

I’m building my own PC and I’m wondering if the following games run well on Intel graphics cards

Poker Night At The Inventory 2
Team Fortress 2
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Oldfoxy53
Novice

The games work fine but due to a mistake with windows direct X in order to play poker night at the inventory 2 you need to have poker night at the inventory 1 installed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Which graphics (card)?

It is best for you to check with the game manufacture for their hardware requirements.

or look here:  https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Oldfoxy53
Novice

Hello

I will do that but I just wanna say that the devs of poker night at the inventory went bankrupt
And the card I’m considering is the a770

Edit it doesn’t tell me the minimum in Intel cards only Ati or nvidia

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is all about support.   Why should intel support a "dead" game that has no support?  And, there are plenty of poker game providers?

Just an opinion.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Oldfoxy53
Novice
1. It’s by Telltale games
2. The opponents are game and tv characters
3. The achievements on steam unlock cosmetics in TF2
0 Kudos
AllStars
Novice

Hi 

When running games on Intel graphics cards, the performance can vary depending on the specific model and generation of the graphics card. Here’s a general idea based on the games you mentioned:

1. Poker Night At The Inventory 2: This game is not very demanding in terms of graphics, so it should run decently on Intel integrated graphics, especially if you have a more recent generation of Intel Iris Xe or newer integrated graphics.

2. Team Fortress 2: TF2 is a bit more demanding than Poker Night At The Inventory 2, especially in terms of CPU and GPU performance. It can run on Intel integrated graphics, but you may need to lower the graphical settings to achieve smooth gameplay. Performance will also depend on your specific Intel graphics model and the amount of system RAM available. You can also enhance game performance by going to your graphics panel and setting the performance option to max and 3D options to balanced/performance.

In general, newer Intel integrated graphics like Intel Iris Xe and later generations have improved performance compared to older models. However, for more demanding games like Team Fortress 2, you might experience better performance with a dedicated graphics card if your budget allows.

If you have a specific Intel graphics model in mind or any other details about your PC build, feel free to share for more tailored advice

Hope it helps

williams

0 Kudos
Oldfoxy53
Novice

The games work fine but due to a mistake with windows direct X in order to play poker night at the inventory 2 you need to have poker night at the inventory 1 installed

0 Kudos