Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

Problems with arc a770

Djspoljakfriend1
Beginner
Some artifacts appears when I alt+tab between windows. It appears 1 time in 100 alt+tab processes. What could this be related to?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

When encountering artifacts during alt-tabbing between windows, potential causes could include factors like driver version compatibility, screen resolution settings, or the activation of features such as Adaptive or Smooth Sync. I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the graphics models, precise driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Moreover, If you've already taken any measures to address this issue prior to reaching out to us, please provide those details to avoid duplicating any unnecessary steps.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Djspoljakfriend1
Beginner

@VonM_Intel wrote:

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

When encountering artifacts during alt-tabbing between windows, potential causes could include factors like driver version compatibility, screen resolution settings, or the activation of features such as Adaptive or Smooth Sync. I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the graphics models, precise driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Moreover, If you've already taken any measures to address this issue prior to reaching out to us, please provide those details to avoid duplicating any unnecessary steps.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Hello. Thank you for answering my question. I have not taken any measures with this issue, bcs i dont know how to solve this problem. There is all information about my pc in the attached file. Hope, you'll help me with this trouble.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

Thank you for providing the information about your PC/SSU logs in the attached file. I've reviewed the SSU logs you provided and noticed that the graphics driver for your Intel ARC A770 graphics is outdated (version 31.0.101.5594). As an initial step and for testing purposes, could you please try updating your graphics driver to version 32.0.101.5762 or newer? According to this link: Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows*, there is a more recent update available. To update your graphics driver version you can use two methods, manually update and automatically update. You may refer to this link: How to install/update Intel graphics driver.

Please do let me know if the issue is still the same so that we can move to our next best action to fix the artifacts from your system/monitor.

Von M.

0 Kudos
Djspoljakfriend1
Beginner

Hello! The issue has not been solved, but the system has become more stable. In my opinion, this artefacts artifacts began to appear less frequently

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

I appreciate your update. Visual artifacts (also artefacts) are anomalies apparent during visual representation as in digital graphics and other forms of imagery. Let us try these troubleshooting steps outlined below.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand Display Adapter, right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver, then click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto-connect on reboot. Restart your system.
  5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  6. Open Device Manager
  7. Expand the Display adapters section.
  8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
    • NoteThe graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
  9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
  11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  12. Reboot your computer when prompted

Furthermore, I would like to share with you, we have our support link where you can find all of the troubleshooting steps that we’re going to perform. To make it easier for you, here’s our support link: Experiencing Artifacts with Intel® Graphics

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

Have you had a chance to review my previous response? Please let us know if you require any further assistance. I'm here to help.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Djspoljakfriend1
Beginner

Hello!  I've been testing my system since your last response and there is no artefacts and any problems. I'll let you know if something goes wrong. Thank you for your assistance  

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Djspoljakfriend1.

I’m glad to hear that your system is running smoothly and you’re not encountering any issues. I appreciate you for taking the time to test the solution and the article I provided. Hopefully, it will benefit other community members and users who encounter similar issues in the future.

If you have any further questions or if the issue resurfaces, please don't hesitate to reach out or submit a new question, as this thread is no longer actively monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos