Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

Problems with the graphics of a in minecraft

Techrider
Novice

The problem.

Enemies and characters are invisible and/or only a black entity.

Holding Items displays only a solid color. 

Changing perspective displays only a solid color.

Opening the inventory displays only a solid color.

There has already been a solution found using a Nvidia graphics cards. Where you follow these steps.

1. Go to "Nvidia control panel"
  2. Go to "Manage 3D settings"
  3. Go to "Program settings"
  4. Add Java(SE) Platform Binary
  5. Set it to "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor"
  6. Hit "Apply"

I've noticed that Intel doesn't have these settings even on their "Intel graphics command center" 

Any help at all with this problem would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Techrider
Novice

I forgot to mention this above, but this glitch only happens when I run these specific mods on my laptop. Meaning that other mods work fine.

I've tried to download the mods through CurseForge on Overwolf, when I first encounted this problem. Then, I followed this youtube tutorial <download tutorial> when after finishing the tutorial I ran into the same issue. After this, I went to the comments on the video and saw that others also ran into the same problem, and that the issue could be fixed through the Nvidia control panel. Becusae my laptop has Intel as its GPU [Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics] and CPU [I7 - 1065G7 1.3GHz] I don't have Nvidia control panel, and can't fix the issue that way.

I'm wondering if there might be something within Intel's settings that could have a similar effect, or other options I might be able to try to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Techrider,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Was there a major update before the issue started?
  • Is the issue only present when using Minecraft?
  • I checked the video tutorial you followed; however, the tutorial is related to a Mod installation. Does it mean that the issue is present with the Mod additions?
  • Could you provide me with screenshots of the errors you face?
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Techrider
Novice

Visible Entities that are completely blacked outVisible Entities that are completely blacked outMod's generated strucutres are unaffectedMod's generated strucutres are unaffectedThis is the dirt block that I had in Screenshot (2). Once dropped on the ground it loses it's sprite and is only shown as a black tile.This is the dirt block that I had in Screenshot (2). Once dropped on the ground it loses it's sprite and is only shown as a black tile.Here, my screen is only showing me a large green pixel. When I took the screenshot. This is what the game sees.Here, my screen is only showing me a large green pixel. When I took the screenshot. This is what the game sees.Invisible NPCInvisible NPC

The captions are descriptions of each image and why I took the screenshot. (If you can not see the captions, please let me know and I will explain them all individually)

I've added a mini-map in the top right for convienience.

• Answer #1: As far as I know this issue has always existed.
  • Answer #2: No, This is a down-patched version of the game. (1.7.10) Which is the only version of minecraft that has these mods.
  • Answer #3: As far as I know, Yes. This a Minecraft and Mod specific issue that I haven't seen anywhere else.
  • Answer #4: Yes, The issue is only present with these (3) minecraft mods. [Other minecraft mods work as intended]
  • Answer #5: Screenshots provided
  • Answer #6: The SSU summary can only be saved as a text document (TXT) which is not an accepted type of file to be uploaded. After converting the TXT file to a .jpg and .png file. The contents are saved as a Zip file, which gives me an error message when I try to upload them as well. (If you know a way to make the TXT file uploadable, please let me know how to do it)

The only fix for this problem that I know of was mentioned above where you'd Nvidia's settings in the control center. So if there is a console command or system setting that might have the same effect. It could be the only chance of fixing the problem.

0 Kudos
Techrider
Novice

This is the words above that are on the left side of the screen.

The  captions are descriptions of each image and why I took them. (blah, blah, blah) 

I've added a minimap on the top right for convineince.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Techrider,

Thanks for the information provided.

You mentioned that the issue is present with these Minecraft mods, and other Minecraft mods work as intended. I want to confirm if the problem persists when running Minecraft "Vanilla" (no mods added). I understand that you must use version 1.7.10 of the game; however when trying to test if the issue is present when using the game with no mods, could you try using the latest Minecraft version?

Regarding the SSU report, it is weird that you can't upload the file. So, I will be contacting you via email. So you can share your SSU report.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Techrider
Novice

I've shared the SSU report with you. 

In vanilla minecraft with no mods added and in the latest version of minecraft I haven't noticed any of these glitches, or effects out of the ordinary. Running only version 1.7.10 also seems to run as intended. Running other mods that are not these specific DBZ mods also work as intended. On the latest version of minecraft as well as 1.7.10 and 1.16.5.

I know this seems more like a problem that I should bring up with the developers of the mod. However, I thought that, because a fix for this problem has already been found by changing a setting on your graphics card/drive. Going to intel support, would be the best course of action. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Techrider,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the information provided.

Since the issue seems to be only present on the DBZ mods, the best practice is to contact the mod developer for support. However, I will try to investigate it and check if I can find a solution for your issue, but no promises.

My recommendation this time is to update the graphic driver to the latest Intel Driver version available (30.0.101.1994). To do so, I would also suggest performing a clean installation following these steps:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center and driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters that the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers that were downloaded in step 1 Restart the computer. 

Reconnect to the Internet. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Techrider
Novice

After updating my drivers exactly as explained the problem hasn't resolved itself. Hopefully I can find some way to fix this issue. 

Nevertheless thanks for your help. 

Is it okay if I leave this discussion open?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Techrider,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Techrider,

After investigating your issue and considering that when running the game in base mode (Vanilla), the problem does not occur. The best practice is to contact the mod developer, as I mentioned before, to see if they have a solution to the issue.

I hope the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Midoism
Beginner

um hello i have the same problem but its on 1.7.10 normally even vanilla i dont really know whats causing it but it just happened while trying a mod i never really tried 1.7.10 before trying that mod i wish that u found an answer and tell me if u did thank you

0 Kudos