Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

VRR not working

shepal73976
Novice

I've been gaming on my MSI laptop for 3 years, which features an Nvidia 3070 Mobile dGPU and an Intel UHD Graphics iGPU. I was previously able to enable VRR in the Arc control panel, and it truly enabled VRR/Adaptive Sync. For some reason, when I enable it, it does not fully activate anymore. I know this because my laptop's screen refresh rate does not decrease with the FPS. I have tried going into Windows Settings, Arc Control Panel, Intel Graphics Control Panel, and Nvidia Profile Inspector to enable VRR. None of which, work. Nvidia's control panel does not allow me to access VRR, but Nvidia Profile Inspector does. I performed a clean installation on both the iGPU and dGPU graphics drivers. Finally, I reinstalled all Intel and Nvidia applications. It still will not truly enable VRR. I'm using an MSI laptop with a MUX Switch, but I'd like to use both GPUs together so that I can have the benefit of Variable Refresh Rate, but it is not working anymore. This is extremely frustrating because my computer comes stock with a 360hz display and my laptop cannot get anywhere near 360 FPS. Does anyone have any tips on how I might go about troubleshooting this?

Intel Graphics Driver

Nvidia Graphics Driver

My laptop:

Name/Model

MSI GE76 Raider 11UG-054

Operating System

Windows 11 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7-11800H

RAM

32 GB (Generic Brand that isn't listed)

Motherboard

Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-17K3 (U3E1)

GPUs

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop (MSI)

Intel UHD Graphics (MSI)

Storage

1 TB* Micron_3400_MTFDKBA1T0TFH

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello shepal73976

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Do you have any additional MSI apps installed?

Please download and run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Then, install the latest graphics drivers (Intel and NVIDIA) from the OEM and test.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello shepal73976

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos