Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
439 Discussions

Various issue on games with i7-14700K

Flouiz
Beginner

Hello,

I'm quite tired with the 14 gen right now. If i purchase a new computer it is to easily launch games, recent or not.

I shouldn't have to know that Intel Extreme Tuning Utility exist, what's subvolting, deepdive on BIOS and things like this written by techbros.

I've encountered mainy issues and it's still impossible to play Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and following the sum of reddit post i'm not alone.

Games failed to load or to buffering things that shouldn't be a problem.

Intel Core i7-14700K (3.4 GHz)

ASUS PRIME B760M-A WIFI

MSI GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER VENTUS 2X OC

DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Black - 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 6200 MHz - CAS 36

MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 - 850W

Samsung SSD 990 Pro 4 To

When will you handle this and PATCH to ease the fix for everyone ?

The community need a .bat or .reg, not 6957 step fix that can burn your PC or lower the spec.

I'm waiting you to fix that mess,

FL

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Flouiz,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I truly understand how upsetting it is to get so many issues with a decent PC specification you have.  Intel is continuing to work with our partners to analyze and determine proper mitigations regarding the reports of instability on Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors in certain workloads.

Since you have made so many attempts to fix the issue via Techbros recommendations, can you provide their link so we can check if that is the same as what we have been recommending?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

Ticket for Read Dead Redemption 2:

Bug: Infinite loop, the game stop loading voiceline/levels/textures/NPC AI and finish to be a dead world

https://support.rockstargames.com/requests/27588384

Give DXDiag + MSInfo ( https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13cOCCWZU1sDaD21Jzo_FdLwirhYBPMxY?usp=sharing )

Reinstall launcher

Check & reinstall game

sfc/scannow

Change DX12 to Vulkan and reverse

Kill save games and cloud

mdsched.exe

Pass DRam to 3200 Mhz

Pass DRam to 5200 Mhz

Test with recommendation setup with Nvidia Experience

Test with lowest configuration

Providing afterburner review and analysis

Check graphic/proc/motherboard drivers

Reinstall drivers from scratch

Changing audio format to 44.1khz 16bit

Update graphical 

Desactivate Windows Game mod

Kill all overlays (Discord, Steam, Epic, Gefore Experience, Windows bar)

Sample of techbros advice:

Pass OS from W11 to W10 Atlas and W10 without custom.

Intel extreme tuning utility (spotting a throttling issue during benchmark on default configuration)

Undervolting and performance core reduction

Test with different XMP profiles setup

Test with different Intel Rapid Storage Technology setup

Test with different Intel Adaptative Boost Technology setup

Test with different Asus Performance Enhancement 3.0 setup

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DirectX check

Visual C++ check

chkdsk /f /r

Windows update check

Check bug/crash in event observer and to fix it (the crash source are always different, sometimes it's WLAN, sometimes it's specific regedit keys access)

https://twitter.com/PowerGPU/status/1762200647602934058

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1174180/discussions/0/6208841892243981479/?tscn=1711348174

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWU-L1kChzg&ab_channel=TECHOSAUR

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/199dvvc/unde_bolting_i7_14700k/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ModernWarfareIII/comments/19a6cg6/cod_mw3_crashing_on_startup/

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dnhfuu/cod_modern_warfare_2019_pc_black_screen_crash/

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/13l8t13/13900kf_minimum_voltage_to_run_default_55x43x_all/

Full resume of game crash:

Raimbow Six Siege: Crash at launch with BLUESCREEN 3/4 times, or crash with BLUESCREEN when joining a game

XDefiant: Crash at launch 2/5 times with system reboot, crash to windows after 15min playing

CoD Modern Warfare: Crash at launch 4/5 times, or crash in the first menu,  freeze on black screen and I have to kill the processus on task manager

Immortal of Aveum: Crash during boot 2/3 times, crash to windows when there is big level or after 30min

The Finals: Crash at launch 2/6 times, crash to windows after 20-30 min playing

Cyberpunk 2077: Crash to windows after 15-20 min playing

No problems on Counter Strike 2, HellDivers 2, Fall Guys, Dying Light 2, Abiotic Factor, Ghost of Tsushima, Orcs must die 3, Shadow of doubt, Superliminal, Dune Spice Wars, Evil West, Lightyear Frontier, Mars First Logistics, Space Engineers.

I even asked to chatgpt if they would had extra test to perform, it says me to ask technical support of Intel or the motherboard (Asus) haha

I saw that Epic (Unreal/Epic Game store) push an investigation to this recurent problem so don't hesitate to tell to the team on the project that i'm ok to provide test result (as i'm already far away from my knowledge I don't really know, i can't touch the hardware).

Everything point on an issue where the application is unable to gather enough temp from proc, maybe it it try to dispatch too much between cores, and maybe the apps adapt their needs to the last processor generation and used tricks to save proc needs.

I made a draw to enlight you days haha

0 Kudos
BoLBoL
Beginner
Hello jeanette,
I also have the same issue but with counter strike 2. 1 game have mutliple crashes, bios version is 1658, rolled it back to 1656 and still have minimal BSOD, or random restarts. If i enable xmp face it anti cheat client also crashes.
0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello BolBol,

I'm quite a big player of CS2 and I have not the issue on the game..

Except when I try to add 1 or 2 "packets" as you can see enclosed.

I know the perf are way more better with this option but maybe just give a try.

Sorry the screenshot is French, go to Settings, Game, and it's just before HUD.

Maybe you can find it more directly by searching "workshop" option.

Wish you good luck.

CAVAPETER

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Flouiz,

Appreciate your prompt response and the important details you shared concerning this issue. We'll further investigate this and we will post an update once it's available. 

Feel free to reach back if you have additional questions or concerns. 

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

Thank you for your reply, I will wait for it ^^

As we're more and more to have the problem and that big partners suffer the repercussions I wouldn't be surprised if we got a fix before people gathering to go in court.

See ya,

Flo

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Flouiz,

Intel is aware of reports regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors experiencing issues with certain workloads. We’re engaged with our partners and are conducting analysis of the reported issues. Intel has performed analysis on affected processors and specific system settings and replicated the reported symptoms and has observed that this issue may be related to out of specification operating conditions resulting in sustained high voltage and frequency during periods of elevated heat.

In order to address this scenario while the investigation continues, Intel has recommended to system and motherboard manufacturers a set of ‘Intel Default Settings’ that was released on May, 2024 for 13th and 14th Generation K Sku processors. Intel recommends using these settings. If there is no “Intel Default Settings” profile in your updated BIOS, individual settings noted in the table below can be manually adjusted through the BIOS menu. Please contact your motherboard manufacturer for information on how to adjust these settings in your particular BIOS.

Kindly check:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Updated-Guidance-RE-Reports-of-13th-14th-Gen-Unlocked-Desktop/m-p/1594553#M72054 

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or clarifications.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

We're still waiting for an update regarding the recommendations we shared to fix this issue. Kindly share an update with the results so we can see how we will proceed from there. 

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

I tried to update the bios but as you can see enclosed i didn't found every setups on my Asus Bios. And wasn't really sure about eTVB (spell "Intel Adaptative Boost Technology" ?).

About ICCMAX the link you provided is really dense and i'm unable to determine which value I may indicate in the documentation.

To resume, I've enabled:

CEP

Intel Adaptative Boost Technology (eTVB?)

And C-States (after a reboot following the bios photo)

I didn't found:

TVB (Thermal Velocity Boost)

TVB Voltage Optimization

ICCMAX Unlimited Bit

TjMAX Offset*

ICCMAX_App

Power Limit's (PL's)*

(*: I guess it's acronym but about what ?)

After these updates i made some tests:

No change:

Call of Duty Warzone: Still crash at boot

The Finals: Crash after 25-30 min

Worst:

Read Dead Redemption 2: Crash faster (-3 min)

Better:

Rrainbow Six Siege : Game run for 20-25 min and crash. (At least no crash reboot with blue screen)
XDefiant:  Don't crash to window but texture crash that make me fall off the map and kill the game. (At least no crash reboot)

Have a nice weekend,

Flo

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

My apologies for the confusion. These parameters may be generic and may appear differently on different motherboards. If there is no “Intel Default Settings” profile in your updated BIOS (updates after May 31, 2024), individual settings noted in the table below can be manually adjusted through the BIOS menu. Please contact your motherboard manufacturer for information on how to adjust these settings in your particular BIOS.

• Adjust BIOS settings as follows:
    • Enable: CEP (Current Excursion Protection)
    • Enable: eTVB (Enhanced Thermal Velocity Boost)
    • Enable: TVB (Thermal Velocity Boost)
    • Enable: TVB Voltage Optimizations
    • Disable: ICCMAX Unlimited Bit
    • Set TjMAX Offset to 0
    • Enable: C-states
    • ICCMAX = 249A/307A
    • ICCMAX_App = 200A/245A
    • Power Limits (PL's)
    • PL1 = 125W
    • PL2 = 253W

Reference:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/June-2024-Guidance-regarding-Intel-Core-13th-and-14th-Gen-K-KF/td-p/1607807

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

We are just waiting for an update regarding the recommendations we shared to fix this issue. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that need to be taken to solve this issue.

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

I made a new update of BIOS to Asus Version 1658, and ME Update tools + ME Firmwares.

The Asus support team is only accessible when you indicate a key product and they don't recognize mine. So i'm trying to pass through 'shop_fr@asus.com' 

I've reached my retailer to ask them if they've process and contacts on their side.

Have a nice weekend,

Flo

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

Good day.

It's good to hear that you were able to update the BIOS firmware to the latest version (1658) which includes the Intel Default Settings (Performance), as well as the Intel ME.

I understand that you are still trying to get through to their support team, but have you noticed any changes after the updates? Please do not hesitate to reach out if there are any aspects you'd like to discuss or require further explanation on.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

I hope you had a nice weekend ^^

Yeah i tried but saw no difference.

I saw on some website that a fix about eTVB is on the way but i didn't found out to give a try:

https://www.igorslab.de/en/intel-comments-internally-on-the-13th-and-14th-generation-k-sku-processor-instability-issue-and-finally-brings-a-comprehensive-update-of-its-own-investigation-leak/

I succeed to pass the key-product gate of Asus support yesterday, I guess I will have some highlight tomorow.

Until then I will check about more update haha

Have a nice day,

Flo

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

I did have a nice weekend, I hope you did too.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get through and would be grateful to hear an update soon. Have a wonderful day!

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
homegaragesolution

The Intel Core i7-14700K is a high-performance processor, but users might encounter several gaming issues:

1. Overheating: This powerful CPU can generate significant heat, leading to thermal throttling and reduced performance if not adequately cooled.

2. Driver Compatibility: Outdated or incompatible drivers for the GPU or other hardware can cause game crashes or graphical glitches.

3. BIOS/Software Updates: Lack of the latest BIOS or software updates can lead to system instability or performance issues in games.

4. Power Supply: Insufficient power supply can lead to performance drops or unexpected shutdowns during demanding gaming sessions.

5. System Bottlenecks: Pairing with slower components (like an older GPU) can bottleneck the CPUs performance, causing lag or low frame rates.

Ensuring proper cooling, updating drivers and BIOS, and pairing with compatible hardware can mitigate these issues.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hey,

Yeah thank you i know that:

1- Cooling system: be quiet! Silent Loop 2 - 280 mm in a be quiet! Silent Base 601

2- Drivers: It's fully up to date (NVidia Geforce experience + auto detection system like intel & "Touslesdrivers.com"

https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html 

https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=29

3- BIOS Updated to Asus Version 1658, and ME Update tools + ME Firmwares

4- Power supplied by MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 - 850W (+100W than recommendation)

5- 0% of bottlenecks following PC-Builds recommandation https://pc-builds.com/bottleneck-calculator/result/1uf1id/3/graphic-card-intense-tasks/1920x1080/

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Flouiz,

Good day!

We're hoping that you'll soon get an update from your system manufacturer's support team. Let us know how it goes, so we may proceed with the next steps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
Flouiz
Beginner

Hello Jeanette,

I hope you had a nice weekend ^^

Asus Support answered me and it allow me to update a bit more the BIOS (See enclosed) and find out their specific nomenclature for your setups.

It was just a reply with BIOS documentation so really basic (I guess they play time).

I've asked for more.

I will keep you in touch.

Have a nice day,

Flo

0 Kudos