Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
443 Discussions

Why does my CPU use 100% randomly?

TacticTwinkie
Beginner

Hello good afternoon everyone I hope you are well.

When i play video games the CPU has peaks of 100% usage (every 10, 20 minutes or every 15), if I use it for things like video editing and so on, multi task nothing bad happens, all stable, no lag at any time, the games go well even in ultra, high, medium, or low quality, but there always comes a time when it freezes for about 3 seconds because the CPU goes up to 100%, I have no rare processes in the background, I have tried windows 11,10 home or 10 LTSC original activated with key since its installation, no rare cracks, all legal, in windows settings I have the game mode activated and selecting by default the graphics card in high performance mode for the games I use, system reinstalled clean from 0 from the BIOS, updated drivers, I disabled windows startup programs that I did not need and so on, I have RAM to spare (32 GB) the system is not tight, no matter if I use windows 10 home, windows 11 or windows 10 LTSC, the thermal paste is new, if I have heatsink for the CPU, it was out of nowhere that started doing that, also i updated the BIOS to the lastest version and deactivated the cpu control by asus to grant the control to intel (default) and i have the same issue, nothing changes, Is there anything I should disable in the bios?, I don't know what to do anymore. (attached captures)

Thanks for reading, sorry for the bible.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello TacticTwinkie,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May I know when the issue started? And to confirm, does the issue only arise when playing games? 

Furthermore, please provide the complete model of your processor.

By the way, the queries that I have asked will greatly help me to quickly isolate the issue.

I look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TacticTwinkie
Beginner

Hello @ACarmona_Intel  the processor model is 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60 GHz, it just started one day, I was playing normally and it started happening, I didn't change anything in the settings or from the BIOS, the lag just happen when i play, i have an GEFORCE RTX 3060Ti

0 Kudos
David48
Beginner

I have core i5 5th gen laptop.

0 Kudos