Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
461 Discussions

crash with X4 Foundation version 7.0

sovietsky-cyborg
Beginner

Hello,

I try to run x4 Foundation version 7.0,

but the game crash on lauch with exit code 1027, the error occuring on function vkAllocateDescriptorSets

The game worked well until last week when a new version of vulkan instance (1.3.283) has been released.

I had already posted the issue on x4 foundation technical support:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=5236451#p5236451

and they tell me to contact you because they suspect that new vulkan features are not supported by your intel driver

System specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X * 32
GPU: Intel Arc A770
RAM: 64GB

Vulkan Instance Version: 1.3.283

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Seeing that you already reached out to the game developer, may I please know what driver version of Intel Arc A770 is experiencing the crashes? Better yet, you may also share your SSU logs so we can check for possible errors and be more familiar with your configuration. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
sovietsky-cyborg
Beginner

hello, here is my ssu log attached

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for sharing this details. Kindly allow us sometime to analyze this logs and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we would like to confirm the following details: 

1. Is this this issue occurring exclusively on Fedora 40?
  2. Are you experiencing this problem while playing the game on Steam?

Additionally, please ensure that you have updated your graphics driver by following the detailed instructions available on our website.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
sovietsky-cyborg
Beginner

Is this this issue occurring exclusively on Fedora 40?

Yes and specifically since i installed the new vulkan driver (1.3.283)

Are you experiencing this problem while playing the game on Steam?

Yes

About the driver, this documentation only mention ubuntu and my OS is fedora, it is possible to have any documentation on fedora ?

I think the installation procedure is probably not the same ex (.rpm instead of .deb packages)

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for answering our questions. 

As for your inquiry regarding Fedora OS , let me double check this information with our team before proceeding with the next steps. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we have looked into the motherboard and game system requirements and it appears that Linux is not supported

To further narrow down the issue, we kindly ask if the game works fine with Windows, as the game system requirements specify Windows 10 (64-bit) or higher. The reason we are asking this is because we plan to replicate the issue for further investigation.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
sovietsky-cyborg
Beginner

The game worked fine in my system (natively, not with proton) before the last vulkan update and still work very well on my laptop with an AMD motherboard.

If you look well the system requirements tab on the steam page, you can see that in addition to windows, this game is compatible on Linux and Steamos with concurrent material (Nvidia GTX 780/970 or AMD equivalent ), hence my question about your driver.

I'm  will not be able to test this on windows, i dont use it and i dont have any license for this os

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello sovietsky-cyborg, 

Thank you for your prompt response. I really appreciate your cooperation with us into investigating the x4 Foundation issue for you. I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team so we can try and replicate the issue and give you an update once a solution is available. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos