Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
426 Discussions

gaming on intel uhd graphics 600 driver

Zhichen
Beginner

hi all, I tried to install a game and that worked and when I started it, a fatal error appeared after a few minutes failed to restore GPU driver after device resetting call stack (12 frames) I sought all help from the support department game but they say I have to download the latest version of my video driver but I think I've already done that, what should I do now?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zhichen.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

The error message about failing to restore the GPU driver after a device reset can indicate a problem with your graphics driver. Can you provide details about your system specifications, including your GPU model and driver version? Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue. 

You mentioned you got an error when starting the game. Could you share screenshots of the error message? This will help us understand the problem. Also, does the error happen every time you play, or is it random? You also said you updated your graphics driver. Can you explain how you did this and checked it was the latest version? Lastly, was your computer working fine before this happened, or did anything change recently that might be causing the problem?

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zhichen
Beginner

hi, I downloaded the SSU tool and here are the results,
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4020 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen 8,00 GB (7,81 GB beschikbaar)
Apparaat-id B1DA8741-4F81-4A75-A56E-8B17CA60437E
Product-id 00325-81932-36763-AAOEM
Type systeem 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor.

its a Aspire A317-32

, here is the screenshot of the game's error

Zhichen_0-1717061304024.png

it shows up at the same time every time I've logged in and waited a while.

i downloaded the latest version of intel uhd 600 and replaced it with my old one, it was the 7th to 10th generation graphics processor i think. I also had my PC checked and repaired by someone a year ago.

0 Kudos
ralphmack
Beginner

Hi,

Firstly, ensure you have the latest driver directly from Intel's website rather than relying on Windows Update. Sometimes, Windows Update might not have the latest version. Go to the Intel Download Center, search for Intel UHD Graphics 600, and download the latest driver.

Next, perform a clean installation of the driver. Uninstall the current driver using a tool like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to ensure all previous files are removed. Then, install the driver you downloaded from Intel.

Check your game settings. Lowering the graphics settings can reduce the strain on your GPU, which might prevent crashes.

Make sure your system is running the latest version of Windows with all updates installed.

If the issue persists, try running the game in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game executable, go to Properties, and select the Compatibility tab. Choose an older version of Windows (like Windows 7 or and see if it helps.

Hope this helps resolve your issue!

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zhichen.

Thank you for sharing the results from the SSU tool and providing additional details about your system.

While you've already downloaded the latest version of the Intel UHD 600 graphics driver and replaced the old one, there might still be compatibility issues or other underlying factors causing the error. Given that your PC was checked and repaired by someone a year ago, it's possible that there are other hardware or software-related issues contributing to the problem.

Additionally, I'm interested in finding out if the troubleshooting steps suggested by @ralphmack have been effective. Please inform us of the outcome so that we can collaborate and move forward to the next phase.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, Zhichen.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Zhichen,

We have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos