Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
469 Discussions

intel(R) dual band wireless-AC 8260 brutally slow speed

color
Beginner

my laptop is lenovo thinkpad T460, i started having this internet problem when my dad gave me it, he said he never had any problem with it because he used a moblie wifi for it, now i dont know but ive tried everything, i did all sorts of methods that other people have given me, i tried questioning the lenovo community support, if you guys give me some methods i could try, that would be great.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JedG_Intel

Hello color,

For me to properly address this concern, please share the following details:

1.Did you make any recent changes to the system?

2.What average speed are you getting?

3.Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

Additionally, to have a better understanding of your system components please generate System Support Utility (SSU) report. Please follow instructions here and send the report - How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Best regards,

Jed G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
joemcbowb
Beginner

I am having the same issue with my intel(R) dual band wireless-AC 8260 in my HP laptop as well.

It is not an issue with the network or access point. I've had half a dozen service technicians on-site to diagnose the network connection in the last few years. The network and other devices are sending and receiving the expected speeds.  It is exclusively an issue with this specific wifi card.

It is not an issue with computer drivers. I have the latest drivers installed that I got from here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/777192/intel-wireless-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8260-and-intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8265.html

It is not an issue with operating system. I have installed Windows 7, 10, 11 as well as Ubuntu on the same laptop with the problematic wifi card. All have the same issue.

I have noticed this problem getting worse over the last few years. Speed in the megabytes when it should be gigabytes. Just in the last week I now only get kilobyte speeds. It's making the laptop unusable as simple web pages are taking over 20 seconds to load, reminding me of the 90's in a bad way.

I've uploaded the ssu report. Unfortunately I think it's failing and I will need to get a replacement.

0 Kudos
color
Beginner

hello

1)ive updated to windows 11 in the last few months thats it, and even with windows 10 and 11, it is still the same problem

2) around 10mbps/15mbps

3)yes i have

i downloaded the system support utility but when i launch it, it instantly closes

0 Kudos