Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
359 Discussions

stopping driver updates on Intel iris xe

J0na
Beginner

I got the same rendering problem on my Laptop as described in the following link:

Re: Rendering problem in Genshin Impact on Iris Xe 80EU - Intel Communities

I did everything described in this link and installing a previous driver worked.

Sadly only for two days, because theres an automatic update which updates the driver like every two days.

I already tried to stop the driver update in my windows settings, which did not work and I cant find an option for stopping the automatic updates in the Intel grafic controlroom.

So my question is how can I stop the automatic driver updates for intel iris xe?

these are the specifications of my laptop:

core: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

Windows 10 Home   Version: 21H2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

3. Can you take a short video of the issue?

4. Do you see the same issue with the driver from the laptop manufacturer?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
J0na
Beginner

Hi,

I made both of those scans.

The Video sadly lags a bit because I was running the game and the recording program at the same time.

The manufacturer of my laptop is medion. As far as I know, they dont provide own drivers.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na, 

Thanks for your time. I would like to let you know that I tried to replicate this issue but I did not get the same problem. You can watch the video attached,

In order to continue, I would like to know if you have any specific settings in-game and if so, please take pictures of these settings.

Bear in mind that depending on the quality chosen (High, Low, lowest) the performance varies but this will be dependent on the hardware being used too like RAM, hard drive, etc.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello J0na, 

As the last recommendation, try to check this behavior with the game developer for instruction and advice.

Also, you can encourage other users to report this issue so we can get a better view of the impact and we may continue with the investigation if needed.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos