Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts
361 Discussions

the cplspcon service terminated with the following error: unspecified error

GarySheldon
Beginner

Getting the above error. Everytime I load a game then the computer shuts down and reboots.

I have an i9-12900k, msi pro z690 mb, 16gb ram, 1000w power supply, and I have updated all bios and ran all updates, this is a brand new pc build, and has been doing the same thing since I bought it, and that error is what is showing up in event viewer after reboot.

I have tried just about everything and cant figure out what to do next, any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your system.

Please let's try the following:

1. Try using testing the system with a minimal configuration, this will be using only the motherboard, processor, SSD, one RAM stick, and no GPU.
  2. Test each of your RAM modules individually and in each of your RAM slots.
  3. Reset your Bios settings to default settings.

If the issue persists please let me know the following information;

1. Does the issue exclusively happen when trying to load a game? Or, is it random?
  2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the logs to get more information about your system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
GarySheldon
Beginner

Thanks Hugo,

1. I have tried completely different RAM, in all the slots,

2. and it only happens when i try loading in a game,

3. I tried different GPU and no GPU and still the same issue.

And the scan results are attached.

Thank you so much for your assistance

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

Thank you for the information provided. Based on the log file that you shared with us there are a couple drivers that need to be installed:

1.-Please update the Intel graphics driver to the latest available version 31.0.101.4032

2.-Go to your manufacturer website and install the latest chipset driver available.

Once the drivers are installed , please let's try the following:

1.-Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic , this is a stress test and will tell us if there is any issue with the processors itself. Please also let me know if the system restarts while trying to run the tool.

2.- Install the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to monitor your temperatures and discard any possible overheating issue. Please attach screenshots of the testing.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
GarySheldon
Beginner

Thanks Hugo,

I am at work currently, and I will do those suggestions when i get home and report back.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
GarySheldon
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

after installing what you suggested, I am getting the same issue,

And running the stress test, it did not restart at all

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

Thank you for the information and for running all the corresponding tests. We will need to do further research on this issue. I would need you to please provide us with the list of games or the name of the game that trigger this issue to happen.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
GarySheldon
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

The only game I play is iracing.

0 Kudos
GarySheldon
Beginner

Not sure if this matters, I also ran furmark to stress test the system and that worked just fine with no reboots at all.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

Thank you for the information provided. So far the issue seems to be related to the game itself rather than to the processor since the processor's benchmarks are not triggering this issue and they do stress the processor as well.

Please let's try the following:

1.-If possible test different games on your system.

2.-Reinstall the IRacing game and test it with minimal or low graphics settings

3.-When opening the game, monitor the temperatures with Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) shared in my previous posts, and let me know the temperature ranges or attach screenshots.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

Please let us know if you were able to follow the troubleshooting from my previous post and if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello GarySheldon

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos