Gaming on Intel® Processors with Intel® Graphics
Ask questions and get answers, tips/tweaks, and techniques from product and technology experts

the witcher 3

FedericoCazzolla
Beginner

The main problem is that i cannot play to the witcher because it lags too much. GOG tells me that I have to download a new version of the driver but when I try it says to me that an error has occurred. What's the problem'

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the following information in order for us to further isolate the issue and provide you with a solution:

• When did the issue start, and was the game working before?
  • Was Witcher 3 the only game that was having an issue on your system or GOG?
  • Please provide a screenshot or a photo of the error message that you received.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

We are checking in with you to see if you already have the answers to our questions so we can further isolate our issue.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
FedericoCazzolla
Beginner
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your SSU.

Upon checking, you are using an integrated graphics card, which is Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

According to Witcher 3's system requirements, you need at least a dedicated graphics card, such as an AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870 or an Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, and 2048 MB of VRAM. 

You may confirm your VRAM by checking the information about Dedicated Memory under the Display Devices section in the DxDiag* report.

This could be the cause of Witcher 3's persistent lag when you are playing on your system.

In addition, I also wanted to share the following links with you in case you may find them helpful:

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

We're checking in to see if you have any more questions regarding our issue with Witcher 3. By the way, you may also contact the game developers to ask for further assistance.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

We are checking in with you on the Witcher 3 issue that we have, as we have not heard any response from you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello FedericoCazzolla,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos