Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20795 Discussions

[15.40.22.4424] INF has no SUBSYS

HKim49
Novice

I downloaded graphics driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25951/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen 15.40.22.4424 which is supposed to be the latest production driver.

Surprisingly, in the ZIP version, the file igdlh64.inf has no SUBSYS numbers. So, this driver cannot be updated manually using the Add Driver method, or integrated by DISM.

What gives?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello hsk ,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please allow me to further investigate on this and once I have an answer I will post it here.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
HKim49
Novice

The issue: in earlier production releases igdlh64.inf contained the SUBSYS numbers (subsystem vendor IDs).

After those earlier version are installed, your later production releases without the SUBSYS information are deemed to be compatible but not updated versions of the driver. You'd have to force install, instead of the usual route.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information, we will further investigate on this.

Thank you,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After further investigation, I found out that this is expected behavior with the Intel generic drivers. You can find the SUBSYS numbers in the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) drivers but not with the Intel generic ones.

The OEMs can customize the equipment so that only drivers with their SubSys information can be installed (i.e. 4id).

In contrast, all generic drivers available in DownloadCenter will be only 2id, meaning that there won't be any OEM information in place.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos