Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20976 Discussions

2 FHD and 1 WQHD monitor on HD4400

Anandraj
Beginner

I have a desktop PC with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 12 GB RAM and currently supporting 3 monitors in below configuration:

1. HDMI - FHD monitor
  2. VGA - FHD monitor
  3. USB (v3) display driver - FHD monitor

I would like to have 4K Uhd (3840X2160), or at the least WQHD (2560X1440) monitor on HDMI with other 2 (VGA & USB) remaining on FHD. I am quite sure this will be supported, however, not sure if this would cause any major impact to performance. I use this only for WFH (connnecting to office VM via tunnel) and don't intend to use it for heavy gaming/video processing.

If it helps, I have a VGA, HDMI and a DVI port on my machine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Anandraj,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued (Intel® HD Graphics 4400), Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Anandraj
Beginner

Dear Steve,

Your response serves no purpose.

Only because the product is discontinued, does it mean I should have no questions for it? I bought it several years ago when it was "in continuance". I am not asking for a repair or warranty or software support, but just INFORMATION on whether it can or cannot support monitors. You can very well put a disclaimer on your response saying the product is discontinued and hence the response may not be as valid. Atleast point me in some direction!!

You should have atleast sent me link to this page: https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/articles/000025673/graphics.html

or this page: https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/articles/000025675.html,  rather thatn sending list of discontinued products.

Regards.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! It's become a 'what have you bought from us lately' world.

Ok, that HDMI 1.4 port should, in theory, be able to support a 2160p monitor at 30Hz (but no better) and a 1440p monitor at 60Hz (but likely no better). I have found, however, that my HD4600 board, even with a 4th gen Core i7 processor, would only support my 2160p monitor as a 1080p monitor (though at 60Hz). Bottom line, don't get your hopes up. Perhaps if you had a DisplayPort port exposed...

...S

0 Kudos
Anandraj
Beginner

Somehow the slots on my motherboard (ASUS H81i Plus) don't seem to work anymore, so cant have additional ports or graphics card.

But I get the gist - not getting my hopes high!

Thanks!

0 Kudos