Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

2 screens daisy chained, but only one selectable

naardehaaien
Novice

Hi,

using laptop HP ProBook 650 G2 , I connected 2 DELL U2414H screens, daisy chain connected to the displayport. This worked before, but my laptop got reinstalled, and strugling now with drivers to get this working.

installed intel hd graphics control panel, both screens are visible in the displayPort menu

image.png

on the page to select output screens, I can extend desktop, where 3 options are available, and the third one shows "none"

image.png

when selecting the 3rd option dropdown, both external screens are selectable

image.png

I select the second external screen in the third selection

image.png

when I press "toepassen", which is "apply", then next screen appears, where screen 3 is set back to "none"

image.png

so in general, I am able to select the second external screen, but I cannot extend desktop to it.

until now, the second selected monitor was my first external screen, where I cannot add the second external screen as the thirth monitor. But as shown below, it is also possible to select the second monitor as the second screen.. so in general, I can only output to one of my external screens

image.png

I also checked "DisplayLinkSystemCompatibilityCheck", which is all oké.

how can I get both screens to output video? thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
naardehaaien
Novice

just uninstalled the driver, I always took the DCH drivers. 

now tried to download this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30195/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=t

first, win64_15.45.5174.exe would not start, because of minimum requirements error

then I downloaded the zip win64_15.45.5174.zip , extracted this, and installed this using "devicemanagement" using "update drivers", now it works

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello naardehaaien

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need more information from the system to determine the cause of this, please share with us the following information:

• Results of the  Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)  
  • Which drivers did you test already?
  • Did you try using the Intel® Graphics Command Center?
  • Which reinstallation started this problem?
  • Which version of Windows do you use?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
naardehaaien
Novice

Hi,

I added the logs as attachment

drivers tested:

I went to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and downloaded the required drivers for my laptop. Since the 3rd screen was not selecatble, I uninstalled these drivers, and went to https://support.hp.com/be-nl/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-650-g2-notebook-pc/8430739 to download the "intel video driver", and also "displaylink-videodriver".

Just tried to download Intel® Graphics Command Center today , but not possible

I received a new windows installation on my laptop, so the windows setup is brand new

windows version 10 version 2004 built 19041.804 , copyrighted 2020

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello naardehaaien

The Intel® SSU results file wasn't included in your post, please share the document with us to continue assistance.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
naardehaaien
Novice

Hi,

my apologize, I hope the file is now added properly

0 Kudos
naardehaaien
Novice

just uninstalled the driver, I always took the DCH drivers. 

now tried to download this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30195/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?v=t

first, win64_15.45.5174.exe would not start, because of minimum requirements error

then I downloaded the zip win64_15.45.5174.zip , extracted this, and installed this using "devicemanagement" using "update drivers", now it works

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello naardehaaien

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos