Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

2560 x 1080 resolution not working with UHD Graphics 630 driver

I have an LG 29WK50S 29" UltraWide Monitor using an HDMI to Display port cable and it won't let me use a 2560 x 1080 resolution. There isn't an option for this resolution in the settings drop down menu, when I launch the Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel it allows me to enter this as a custom resolution for my other Dell monitor. When I try to enter that as a custom setting for my LG monitor it says that can't be done because it "exceeds the maximum bandwith". Please let me know if there are any solutions that might fix this issue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Did you installed the Windows Driver for your monitor? You may want to install OnScreen Control as well https://www.lg.com/us/support/software-firmware-drivers?customerModelCode=29WK50S-P&csSalesCode=29WK...

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Are you saying that you are connecting a DisplayPort monitor, using the HDMI port and using an HDMI-to-DP adapter/cable? If this is the case, this is NOT supported. Remember that the processor outputs in DisplayPort 1.2 format and that, at the HDMI connector, it has already gone through a DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a protocol conversion. Converting back to DisplayPort 1.2 format is NOT supported. If you want to use a DisplayPort monitor, then you need to use the USB-C connector and a USB-C-to-DP adapter/cable.

...S

0 Kudos