Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

2560x1080 for LG 34" UltraWide over HDMI unavailable on Intel UHD Graphics for Core i3-1005G1 CPU

VHugh
Novice

I've got a new Dell Inspiron 3593 running Windows 10 (Build 19013.1122) on a Core i3-1005G1 CPU and running the latest Intel UHD driver (26.20.100.7463 from 11/6/2019) and cannot get a higher resolution on my LG 34" UltraWide monitor (using HDMI 1.4b; there is no DP) than 1920x1080. (Yes, I've got it's latest drivers installed.) Its recommended (and native) resolution is 2560x1080. According to ark.intel.com, the maximum supported resolution for a Core i3-1005G1 CPU over HDMI 1.4 should be 4096 x 2304. I've got the latest Intel Graphics Command Center installed, but even trying the custom resolution feature there fails to work. (can add it to the list, but doesn't do any thing when you switch to it; and doesn't show up in the list of resolutions Windows recognizes in its own Display settings dialog) I know it isn't a problem with the HDMI cable or the monitor itself, because my previous (much older Intel Core i3 6th gen) Dell desktop did just fine driving the same monitor at 2560x1080.

I spent two hours on the phone with multiple levels of Dell support, and they couldn't see any reason at all why it wouldn't be working. The LG support folks are baffled. I've tried both the latest Intel UHD Graphics driver (26.20.100.7463 from 11/6/2019) and also the version Dell has on their web site as the "latest." (25.20.100.7060 from 10/21/2019)

What am I missing? Is the Intel UHD driver support just not there yet for 10th Generation Core i3? Is something buggy? Or am I just missing something important?

0 Kudos
50 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello VHugh,

Thank you for your response.

In order to rule out a driver issue, you can try to install the latest driver 26.20.100.7463 on your Dell precision 7520 and let us know if you can get the resolution 2560x1080 since Intel HD Graphics 530 and Intel UHD use the same drivers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello VHugh,

Were you able to test the drivers on your Dell precision 7520? 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello VHugh,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@LTóth​ Jumping into the middle of this thread makes it very confusing, and hard to address.

You should really start a NEW THREAD. If you feel you must participate in this thread, then read the ENTIRE thread, and post at the END of the thread.

Now, my question to you, what version or build of Windows 10 are you running?

Have you read this entire thread?

Doc

0 Kudos
LTóth
Beginner

Sorry, but a searched everywhere the solution, and i found this thread. Yes i read it. My windows 10.0.18363. And i tried everithing. All drivers updated, bios updated, tried different HDMI cables. Nothing. I have an old Inspiron, and a Latitude. The work perfectly with the 2560x1080 resolution.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer will be able to assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
LTóth
Beginner

Thanks.

0 Kudos
VHugh
Novice

I just received a scam call from someone using a restricted number and claiming to be from Dell. He was using the information from this thread to attempt to persuade me that he was a legitimate Dell representative. When I told him I would need his number so I could call him back, he immediately hung up.

Please, Intel Support folks, make your customers aware that scammers are actively combing your forums and posts here looking for vulnerable targets that they can scam and steal from. Users of the forum here should be aware that neither Intel nor Dell nor others will be contacting them by phone asking them about recent changes to their computers. Obviously the scammer got lucky enough to figure out a phone number for me, which they may not manage to do for everyone.

AlHill
Super User

It is a bad world out there.

Doc

0 Kudos