Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

2nd monitor color problem

Ercinkarayun
Beginner
I have a Dell Xps 15 9520 laptop. There is two display card. İntel iris xe graphics and Rtx 3050 ti. I use a second Samsung 4k monitor. When I connect the 2nd screen in extend mode, the screen looks darker. But it shows the same with laptop in repat mode. I can't get the right colors even with all the adjustments. My laptop screen resolution 3456x2160, my screen resolution 3800x2160. There is No problem with hdmı and monıtor because I tested with another monitor and cable. All drivers are updated.
0 Kudos
12 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When you mentioned "No problem with hdmı and monıtor", do you mean that the issue is with a different cable (DP, Thunderbolt, VGA), or did you test the cable with a different monitor and the Samsung monitor with a different HDMI cable?

2. Is the issue present with Intel or Dell drivers?

3. Have you tried with a different resolution?

4. Can you take a picture or a video of the issue?

5. Have you reported this issue to Dell?

Regards,

Deivid A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ercinkarayun
Beginner

1.  Yes I tried different cables, Hdmı and display port, and other monitors.

2.There is no problem and all drivers and windows are updated

3. Yes İ tried. Lower resolutions is worse.

4. I attached.

5.  Yes I did, but no results.

If I increase the screen scale, the colors are corrected.  3800x2160 %150 (suggested) Color is worse . 3800x2160 %200-250 is better.Monitor screen 3800x2160 %250.jpgMonitor screen 3800x2160 %150.jpglaptop screen 3456x2160 %250.jpg

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thanks for your response. As a test, I would like you to try the following:

1. Let me know if there is any change if you change the color settings from the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

2. Try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ercinkarayun
Beginner

Hi,

1-  I tried but some colors are corrected while others are distorted.

2- ı installed new updates but the situation did not improve. Windows always wanting to revert to the old version. Windows and Dell offer 31.0.101.3301_A03 driver version

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thanks for the information. I would like to investigate this issue further I will need the following details:

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

3. Can you provide a step-by-step? This is in order to replicate the issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ercinkarayun
Beginner

The reports are attached. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun.

Thanks for your patience. In order to continue with the investigation I would like to confirm the following information:

1. Does this happen with a specific application or with the system in general?

2. Did you try other monitors to discard an issue with the laptop/monitor?

3. Is the monitor firmware updated?

4. What Chroma Subsampling is used by the monitor?

5. Did you complete all Windows updates?

6. Does this happen with previous drivers? If it doesn't, which versions have you tested?

7. Can you share the project that you are testing with us? This is so we can test with the same app on our side. If you are not comfortable, can you share it via email?

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Ercinkarayun
Beginner

1.  Also general but the general user may not detect it. It is noticeable even in windows toolbars.Little difference in general use.

2. I tried different cables and monitors.  And I tried the monitor with another laptop and pc.

3.  I dont know but I dont think the problem with monitor.

4.  8 bit

5.  Yes I did.

6. I just bought my laptop.  31.0.101.3802 and 31.0.101.3301_A03.  But if install 31.0.101.3802, windows returns to 31.0.101.3301. 

7.  I use Autocad program for dwg files. Also I notice the problem more in this program. Color templates that I have been using for years and my eyes are very accustomed to how the colors should be. 

Attached project file 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thanks for all the information provided. I tried to access the link that you shared with the project file, however, I cannot access it since it is asking for permission.

I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. Please reply to the email in order to provide us with access to that file or make it public to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities.  

Also, please send a video with steps to replicate the issue using the same app as you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thanks for the videos and information sent. I will continue with the investigation and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Ercinkarayun, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that the fact that the issue happens on different monitors (External) and does not happen on the built-in display, it points is related to display differences like the capacity of the colors, and type of screen (LCD, OLED LED, etc).

I recommend you check the layers on AutoCAD to make sure the colors are the same by code, so when you change the screen even though colors look brighter or darker they should be the same color but shown on different screens.

Also, you may need to check if HDR is enabled or supported on the built-in display so when moving the program to a non-HDR display color will look darker

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos