Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21221 Discussions

31.0.101.4826 Stability splash screen with color blocks and no signal output

Jamas94
New Contributor I

When using Chrome to watch online videos normally, color blocks and flickering suddenly appear on the screen. After a few seconds, there is no signal output from the graphics card, but the background audio is still playing. I can only reboot the system. System Event Viewer shows that the Intel graphics driver stopped responding.
There is a GSCX64 event
Event: ID1
Resetting the Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface.
Show events
Event ID: 4101
The driver version shown is 31.0.101.4826

The graphics card is ARC A770 16G LE

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for posting back in the Intel Communities. We see that you are experiencing graphical issues, and then video signal loss when using Chrome to watch online videos. We will be more than happy to assist you and to better understand your issue, please provide us with the following:

• Was the issue present after installing the Intel ARC A770?
  • Did you have another graphics card before the Intel ARC A770?
  • Is the issue only present when using Chrome, or can it happen on other applications?
  • Can you reproduce this if you leave the system in the BIOS menu for a while?
  • We would like to have further information about your system to look into this problem, so please provide us with the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We are jumping into your thread to confirm if you have been able to gather the information we requested in the previous post. Note that the information requested would help us to better assist you.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I currently don’t know if the above problem only occurs when watching YouTube using Chrome, but this problem occurred again today. I am also using Chrome to watch YouTube online videos, and DOTA2 was turned on today.

I also have a cpu with integrated graphics

It will still trigger regardless of whether it is turned off in the BIOS or not. I don't think it has much to do with it.

I hope that Intel graphics cards can report bugs as easily as AMD graphics cards, instead of directly posting in the forum, which is inefficient. And I found that only Intel graphics cards often cannot effectively record error events or leave events.

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing 
   [ Guid]  {b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2} 

EventID 2 

Version 0 

Level 2 

Task 2 

Opcode 12 

Keywords 0x8000000000000010 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2023-10-17T12:15:54.1506108Z 

EventRecordID 645 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  16640 
   [ ThreadID]  7140 

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin 

Computer DESKTOP-0KOTANH 

- Security 

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18 

- EventData 

SessionName NT Kernel Logger 
  FileName  
  ErrorCode 3221225525 
  LoggingMode 257 

Every time I exit the DOTA2 game, such an error event is generated

Error application name: dota2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x6524a404
Error module name: igd10umt64xe.DLL, version: 31.0.101.4887, timestamp: 0x652095d5
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Error offset: 0x0000000000a5accd
Error process ID: 0x0x3A98
Wrong application startup time: 0x0x1DA00F377C03A76
Wrong application path: J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe
Error module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\iigd_dch_d.inf_amd64_703466cc74a81f10\igd10umt64xe.DLL
Report ID: ebacde78-e94b-48b5-b2c8-73d678c9def4

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We appreciate your feedback about an option to report bugs more easily, instead of directly posting in the forum. Your recommendation is always welcomed since they help us improve the user experience with our products. We will pass this recommendation to the appropriate team, but unfortunately, we are unable to commit to an update about this matter.

Thank you for the information provided. We understand that you noticed that every time you exit the DOTA2 game, there is an error message. However, we want to let you know that we recommend you open a new thread regarding this matter since we request to keep one thread per issue to keep things organized.

We noticed that there is some information missing that we previously shared, and we would like to ask for the information once more, as it will help us to better assist you:

• Did the issue start once you installed the Intel ARC A770?
  • Did you have another graphics card before the Intel ARC A770?
  • Can you reproduce the graphical if you leave the system in the BIOS menu for a while?
  • Is there something that triggers the flickering issue when watching online videos?

Finally, we would like to recommend running the Display Driver Uninstaller to make sure that all the driver leftover files are eliminated. Once the DDU process is completed, install the new driver 31.0.101.4887 again. For more instructions, check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

Does this issue occur after installing Intel ARC A770?

Yes

Did you have any other graphics cards before the Intel ARC A770?

Yes

Can you reproduce the graphics if you leave the system in the BIOS menu for a while?

No

Are you having flickering issues when watching online videos?

sometimes

I tried DDU with no success. The above problem still occurs.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We understand that the issue remains even after running the DDU and installing the latest driver. We would like to further look into this matter; but first, you should test if the issue occurs if you disable Hardware acceleration in Google Chrome:

• Go to Settings> System> disable the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option> Relaunch the application.

If the issue remains, try using a different browser. We recommend you use Firefox, as this one isn't a Chromium-based browser.

Finally, we would like to recommend you record a video of the flickering issue so we can better understand your problem. In case you can’t record a video, you can share a picture. However, the video is ideal, as it will show us the step-by-step for your problem, which will help us with issue reproduction purposes, in case it is necessary.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I can't take screenshots or record the screen because it appears blurred and color-blocked.And then the screen flickers and there is no signal input .But the video volume is playing normally.I can still control my computer's keyboard It usually only occurs for a few seconds and is unpredictable.

I'll try turning off hardware acceleration and see.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Thank you for the information provided. Once you test turning hardware acceleration, let us know the outcome and details about the experience.

We understand that due to the problem, you were unable to capture a video or screenshot of the issue because the signal input was lost. However, is it possible for you to record a video of the problem using another device, such as a cellphone?

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

We'd like to check if you have any updates after testing with hardware acceleration off. Also, let us know if you are able to share a video recorded on a secondary device.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Jamas94,

Unfortunately, we will proceed to close the thread since we have not heard from you. If you have any other questions, you should open a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos