Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21221 Discussions

No signal on iiyama Touch-Monitor - HDMI 2.0 - UHD770 + Iris Xe

SOG
Beginner

We have several units in different sizes of a particular iiyama touch screen.
Models: ProLite T4362AS-B1, T5562AS-B1, T6562AS-B1.
All of these screens show no image when using Intel UHD graphics cards and the HDMI 2.0 standard. The resolution selected does not matter. If the screen is changed to HDMI 1.4, the picture is displayed, but here, of course, only a resolution up to max. UHD@30Hz is possible.

Specifications of the tested PC systems:

HP ProDesk 400 G9
Windows 11
Intel Core i7 12700T
Intel UHD Graphics 770
Driver version 31.0.101.4274
also tested: 31.0.101.4648

DELL Precision 3560 Notebook
Windows 10
Intel Core i7 1165G7
Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Driver Version 31.0.101.3959
also tested: 31.0.101.4887

When using a computer with Nvidia graphics card (same setup), the picture is also displayed immediately (HDMI 2.0, UHD@60Hz).

The entire signal chain including cables support the HDMI 2.0 standard.

When using an EDID manager (hardware interface) or HDMI distributor, the picture is also always displayed.

The computers mentioned above (Intel UHD graphics) also work properly with UHD monitors from other manufacturers (NEC, LG, HP).

iiyama support now claims that it is a known issue that certain 11th generation Intel UHD graphics chips do not recognise the EDID of certain UHD monitors properly.

Is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG,    

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. If I were in your situation, I would feel frustrated.

I want to investigate this behavior that only affects iiyama monitors/TV and Intel graphics. To continue further I will need you to attach the following reports from one or both laptops:

1. Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

Thanks for your patience. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile with further details that I need to continue with the investigation.

I do appreciate your time and collaboration.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SOG
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

First of all, thank you very much for your support on this issue. Unfortunately the links from the Word file "How to Collect Event Trace Log" do not work for me (on different computers and browsers). I tried on my own to find the downloads, but was unsuccessful.

Best regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

Thanks for your response. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I will send you a new email with the needed file attached as well as the steps.

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
SOG
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

excuse me, I have to ask here again.

WPA/WPT download was successfull. 7-Zip files are also no problem.

But I think I still need the "Test-Tools-Release-x64.7z".

The download link in Word ("Production Quick Build") is also not working ("The website is not available").

Regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

I understand your request. I will review the steps closely to make sure you do not take any unnecessary actions. Once you have the information needed, please reply to the email and not the community since this information is considered as sensitive.

Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

I am sorry to know that you are getting that error while trying to collect the ETL logs. To avoid more effort, I will continue with the investigation with the information I have so far and let you know as soon as possible about any details or steps I have for you.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SOG
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

thank you. In addition to that I will send you the files from the Intel control center by email.

Best regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SOG, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the investigation and the scenario you have provided, this issue indeed, looks like a compatibility issue between the Iiyama monitors and Intel® UHD Graphics 770.

At this point, I recommend you get in contact with Iiyama or open a ticket with them and ask Iiyama support to cooperate with Intel to resolve the issue. Your request may raise a concern on their side and motivate them to collaborate with Intel to fix this issue.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos