Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

4K resolution not available after update

DMoor31
Beginner

Having done a windows update, the 4k screen went to 2560x1440.

I checked in the intel panel, and it's not there.

I tried to add in the custom resolutions, and it said "bandwidth exceeded" until I went down to 24p.

I added that one, and when I select it in the Intel control panel, it reloads the screen, but with the old resolution, asks if I want to keep it, and then I see the numbers behind change to the old ones.

There is no way to set 4k that I can see. Please assist.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
DMoor31
Beginner

Thanks. In case it helps in the meantime, I do see this under the device manager events:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0162&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Provide the SSU report.

Also, what is your processor model number

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This message is indicating that there is an installation issue with the Intel HD Graphics 4000 drivers. You might want to uninstall existing driver package completely (from Apps and Features, NOT Device Manager!) and then install latest driver package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
DMoor31
Beginner

My solution in the end, was to plug that monitor into my discrete graphics card. I have 3 screens in there, and one in the intel onboard, and it stopped working properly after the last windows update, and latest drivers don't help, so I just plugged it into the 4th slot on the GPU. Means it's not DP, however that doesn't seem to matter, it works now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos