Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

6-Bit Depth on HD Graphics 630 Driver

oOrha
Beginner

Hello,

I have HP Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor and intel uhd 630. I know it is an known issue however it is not available for me update latest  DCH 25.20.100.6519 driver. Graphic outputs have only have 6 bit depth and dark colors seem problematic for me and some colors are more orangy and yellowish. Will there be an update for my computer too?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
21 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oOrha, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Also, please attach screenshots showing the color depth in use right now and also provide me with the model of monitor in use (if applicable) and the type of connection used. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
oOrha
Beginner

Hello David,

Attached you can find the information.

Firstly, i detected the problem via colors on videos(Youtube etc). Maybe it is all about color profile(sRgb profile seems little yellowish on white screens, and dark colored especially black or night scenes videos seems a little more darker hope i could explain )

i conducted my own personalized color profile via microsoft(increasing gama, and reducing red and green color)

Then when i am searching i detected that depth problem is going on.

I tried to update lates version but not available for i5-8300h (some also claimed latest version solves that problem)

Can you give me link to latest driver which available for me too?

By the way when i remove intel it shows 8 bit.

Cheers

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oOrha, Thank you for your response. I was checking the details you have attached and I can see that you do not have the latest Windows* version installed, you do not have the latest graphics driver installed either. In order to troubleshoot the current issues you are experiencing we need to update everything so let's start with Windows, first, try looking for the update using the "check for updates" under "settings". If unsuccessful, please download the update in the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.* Once the update is complete, please download the latest graphics driver (DCH driver) from our download center, check the link below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 NOTE: Make sure to read the description before proceeding with the download. When the update is complete, restart your system and check if the color depth has changed to 8-bit or if it allows you to change it. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
oOrha
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for quick response.

I have updated the latest version of windows.

Attached you can see new information.

However, the link that sent me to download for intel driver does not working for me. It does not allow me to update the driver.

Regards

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello oOrha, Thank you for your response. I can see that you are having problems installing the latest graphics driver, please try the following steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. Let me know the outcome please. Also, if the error persists, please type the error so I can translate what it says and assist you further. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner

Hi, I'm using MSi GL63 8RC gaming notebook equipped with i7-8750H and intel HD630 integrated graphic. I'm using Windows 10 64bit version 1809. I'm experiencing this 6bit trouble for a long time and your solution didn't work. I disconnected my computer from Internet and removed previous driver. And then, I installed pre-downloaded 2019.01.17's driver. But I'm still having this 6bit display problem. The point is, intel's newest driver still has 6bit display problem!! Oh, please!! Stop telling us "Hey guys, why don't you download and install newest driver?" THE NEWEST DRIVER(2019.01.17 version) STILL HAS SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!

Moderator comment: message edited due to the use of profanity.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. I understand that you are frustrated; however, you need to remember that even when the setup may be the same, the solution for a specific problem can differ from user to user. I would like to request more information of your system in order to help you. Please attach a DxDiag here by following the steps below: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner
Please check attached DxDiag.txt!! -----Original Message----- From: "Intel Forums"<supportreplies@intel.com> To: "virtuachoi@naver.com"<virtuachoi@naver.com>; Cc: Sent: 2019-02-13 (수) 07:02:07 Subject: DavidV_Intel answered: 6-Bit Depth on HD Graphics 630 Driver Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. I understand that you are frustrated; however, you need to remember that even when the setup may be the same, the solution for a specific problem can differ from user to user. I would like to request more information of your system in order to help you. Please attach a DxDiag here by following the steps below: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation DavidV_Intel (Intel) Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. I understand that you are frustrated; however, you need to remember that even when the setup may be the same, the solution for a specific problem can differ from user to user. I would like to request more information of your system in order to help you. Please attach a DxDiag here by following the steps below: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation View/Answer or reply to this email Replying to oOrha (Customer) asked a question. Tuesday, 2019년 2월 5일 (Tue) AM 5:16 6-Bit Depth on HD Graphics 630 Driver Hello, I have HP Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor and intel uhd 630. I know it is an known issue however it is not available for me update latest DCH 25.20.100.6519 driver. Graphic outputs have only have 6 bit depth and dark colors seem problematic for me and some colors are more orangy and yellowish. Will there be an update for my computer too? Thanks in advance DavidV_Intel (Intel) Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. I understand that you are frustrated; however, you need to remember that even when the setup may be the same, the solution for a specific problem can differ from user to user. I would like to request more information of your system in order to help you. Please attach a DxDiag here by following the steps below: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation Wednesday, 2019년 2월 13일 (Wed) AM 7:02 You're receiving emails when someone "Comments after me." To change or turn off Forums email, log in as 300002095030@intel.com.isvc. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html.
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. Please attach the report to this thread directly. When you hit "reply" at the lower side of the reply box you will find an "attachment" symbol were you can click to attach the required file. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RItos
Beginner

Hello David, I have a acer nitro 5 (notebook) with intel hd 630 + nvidia geforce gtx 1050 and I have the same problems with the bit intensity on the monitor, I would like to know if it is a problem with intel drivers or another problem, I always have the drivers in day, mainly updated from intel hd graphics DCH 25.20.100.6577, before yesterday I did a windows 10 installation from scratch on my notebook and I was able to reproduce this problem and noticed some changes in the monitor, I will leave the requested files to submit the problem, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner

Hi, here I attach my DxDiag.txt directly.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello jchoi28, Thank you for your response. Please provide me with the model of display you are using. Have you tried connecting the system to different monitors? Is the outcome the same? Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner
I’m using MSI GL63 8RC Gaming Notebook. When I connect my notebook computer to LG 4K display(LG 27UK600) via display port, it shows me normal 8bit screen. But when I use built-in display of MSI notebook, it shows me 6bit screen.
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Can you please provide your https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- report? We also need your https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner
I generated a report file using Intel System Support Utility. Please check attached file.
0 Kudos
jchoi28
Beginner

I generated a report file using Intel System Support Utility. Please check attached file.

0 Kudos
ERoja3
Beginner

Same problem here, display properties report color depth of 6 bits per color, tried updating to DCH 25.20.100.6519 but the problem persisted. Any update on when this will be fixed? According to other reports, this bug has been around for various versions of the driver and it is still yet to be patched.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello everyone, I am currently looking into this, please allow me sometime. I will be getting back to you as soon as possible. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello everyone, Thank you for patiently waiting. Is this issue happening with the built-in display of a laptop? If so, please try connecting the system to an external display. If it does work properly then you will have to get in contact with your system manufacturer and mention this issue is happening with your built-in display. If the manufacturers debug this issue and consider the issue to be a driver problem, they will contact Intel for a fix directly. If the issue also happens with external displays, please let me know the model of display tested and attach an System Support Utility report of your system, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos