Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

A750 and integrated graphics not working together with two monitors

JonathanM
Beginner

Hi,

I’m having issues with my dGPU (A750 Limited Editon) and my iGPU while using two identical monitors.
One monitor is connected to each GPU via HDMI. The issue is that whenever I boot my computer the only monitor that display is the one connected to the iGPU. The other monithor that is connected to the dGPU remains black. I already tested multiple cables without positive results. However, if only a single monitor is connected to the dGPU, it works. Moreover, if I then connect the second monitor to the iGPU while the system is already running. It also works.

It looks like the issue started after installing the latest Intel Arc Drivers. My setup worked before that update.
ReBAR is enabled, CSM is disable, and as far as I can tell all software and firmware are up to date.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities to share your issue. We would be more than glad to help you fix this issue where the descrete and the integrated graphics are not working together.

Regarding your issue, we would like to ask for the following details:

• You mentioned that the started after you installed the latest Intel Arc Drivers, so we would like to ask the installation method you used to install the driver. Did you use the Intel Driver and Support Assistance, or did you install the driver manually?
  • What is the model of the two monitors you use?
  • You mentioned that you tried different cables, but did you try connecting the GPUs via DisplayPort?
  • Does the issue remain if you roll back the driver?

We would like to recommend you run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software to eliminate all the previous driver files and leftovers. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for additional instructions. Then, reinstall intel Intel® Arc™ Control. Download and install the Intel Graphics 31.0.101.5084/31.0.101.5122.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JonathanM
Beginner

Did you use the Intel Driver and Support Assistance, or did you install the driver manually?
I used the Intel Driver and Support Assistance

What is the model of the two monitors you use?
Both monitors model is Samsung LC24F390FHLXZX

did you try connecting the GPUs via DisplayPort?
I didn't try via DisplayPort. My monithors don't suport it.

Does the issue remain if you roll back the driver?
I didn't test a roll back. However, I tested your suggestion of using DDU and install Instal Graphics driver.
So, I installed 31.0.101.5085/31.0.101.5122. The issue is still there ☹️

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for the new details you have shared. We see that the problem remains after you installed the new driver after running the DDU, for testing purposes, we would like to recommend, if possible, testing a different display device, maybe a different monitor, or a TV.

You can also test if this issue occurs if you roll back to an older driver version. Try installing driver 31.0.101.4972, and let us know if the issue remains with this particular driver version.

Finally, we would like to ask for an Intel® Graphics Command Center report so we can better look into this problem. To create the report, follow these steps:

• Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
  • Navigate to the Support tab
  • Select System Diagnostic
  • Click Generate Report
  • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

We would like to follow up in your thread, to see if you have been able to test the new driver 31.0.101.4972. If the issue remains, share with us Intel® Graphics Command Center report.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
JonathanM
Beginner

I ran the following experiments. I created a Graphics Command Center report for each one.

Experiment 01
I removed the current driver by running DDU. Then, I installed 31.0.101.4972.
I connected monitor 1 to the dGPU/A750 using HDMI and monitor 2 to the internal graphics card (iGPU) using HDMI. Then, I turned on the computer. Only monitor 2 started working.
See report_31.0.101.4972_dGPU_HDMI_iGPU_HDMI_v01.txt

Experiment 02
Same as experiment 01 but monitor 2 is not connected.
After turning on the computer, monitor 1 that is connected to the dGPU/A750 using HDMI worked fine.
See report_31.0.101.4972_dGPU_HDMI_v02.txt

Experiment 03
I removed the current driver by running DDU. Then, I installed 31.0.101.5085.
I connected monitor 1 to the dGPU and monitor 2 to the iGPU. Both monitors using HDMI. After turning on the computer only monitor 2 started working.
See report_31.0.101.5085_dGPU_HDMI_iGPU_HDMI_v03.txt

Experiment 04
Same as experiment 03 but monitor 2 is not connected.
After turning on the computer, monitor 1 that is connected to the dGPU/A750 using HDMI worked fine.
See report_31.0.101.5085_dGPU_HDMI_v04.txt

Experiment 05
From experiment 04, I connected (hot plug) monitor 2 to the iGPU using HDMI. It started working.
See report_31.0.101.5085_dGPU_HDMI_iGPU_HDMI_v05.txt

Experiment 06
Continue using 31.0.101.5085.
I connected both monitors to the dGPU/A750 using DP. My monitors don’t support DP, so I connected a DP to HDMI adapter on each monitor.
So far, this is the most stable set up. Both monitors works most of the time.
From time to time, none of the monitor display anything at all. When this happens, after forcing a reboot. Both monitors worked again.
See report_31.0.101.5085_dGPU_DP_v06.txt

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for the information provided and your efforts in testing the behavior using different options. Based on the information you have provided, we would like to further investigate this matter internally, and we will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

We are jumping into your thread to let you know we are still investigating this matter internally. Currently, we are trying to replicate your problem and gathering all the information we can. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
JonathanM
Beginner

Hi Jean,

Let me know if you need something else on my side.
I am happy to help to improve the product.

Best regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM

We have tested the game and tried to reproduce this issue, however, after testing this issue internally we have not been able to replicate your multimonitor problem, and the system worked without an issue. Based on our lab our best advice at this point is that you update to our latest available driver version 31.0.101.5186 by installing the driver after running the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Let us know if the issue remains with the new driver.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
JonathanM
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I installed the 31.0.101.5186 driver after running DDU. The issue remains.
I ran these experiments:

Experiment 01
I connected monitor 1 to the dGPU/A750 using HDMI and monitor 2 to the internal graphics card (iGPU) using HDMI. Then, I turned on the computer. Only monitor 2 started working.
See report_31.0.101.5186_dGPU_HDMI_iGPU_HDMI_v01.txt

Experiment 02
Monitor 1 and 2 are connected to the iGPU via HDMI. No issues.
See report_31.0.101.5186_iGPU_HDMI_v02.txt

Experiment 03
Only monitor 2 is connected to the iGPU via HDMI. No issues.
See report_31.0.101.5186_iGPU_HDMI_v03.txt

Experiment 04
Only monitor 1 is connected to the dGPU/A750 using HDMI. No issues.
See report_31.0.101.5186_dGPU_HDMI_v04.txt

Experiment 05
From experiment 04, monitor 2 is connected (hot plug) to the iGPU without turning off the computer. Both monitors work.
See report_31.0.101.5186_dGPU_HDMI_iGPU_HDMI_v05.txt

Experiment 06
Both monitors are connected to the dGPU/A750 using DP. I had to use DP to HDMI adapters. This setup is the most stable. There is an intermittent issue.
Sometimes, there is not signal on both monitors after booting up. After forcing a reboot, both monitors work again.
See report_31.0.101.5186_dGPU_DP_v06.txt

I suspect that it could be a hardware problem. There are not issues when I only use my internal card.

Best regards,
Jonathan

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for the information provided. Let us resume our research on this matter, and we will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for all your wait time.

We have been working on the investigation, and now we have the following recommendations:

1.  Update BIOS to the latest version 2404 and then check in settings how the BIOS is handling GPU selection.
    1. Perhaps the BIOS has an issue with hybrid graphics handling. Can you test the graphics card on a different system?
  2. Make sure the dGPU is connected to the first x16 PCIe slot.
  3. Verify power supply details - wattage > 600Watts and that both 2x4 and 2x3 connectors are connected to the graphics card.

Keep me informed of the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JonathanM
Beginner

Hi Andres,

1. My previous post and experiments were already made using the latest version 2404. See ssu_results_050224.txt file for reference. 😉
    Primary Display is set to PCIE.I don’t have another system to test the graphics card.
  2. Yes, the dGPU is connected to the first x16 PCIe slot. The closest slot to the CPU.
  3. Mi power supply provides 750 Watts. It is an EVGA 750 N1 and 2x4 and 2x3 connectors are connected to the graphics cards.

I want to point out that apart from the hybrid graphics card handling issue. There is an intermittent issue when both monitors are only connected to the dGPU (single card). It was previously mentioned, see experiment 06.
Basically, there is no display on any of the monitors after the computer boots. Peripheral devices suggest that Windows is running. For instance, I see that my Xbox controller has the correct lights. After forcing a power cycle, the system works again.

Best regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello JonathanM,

Thank you for the clarification and for keeping us informed.

Since the issue persists after all the troubleshooting steps followed. I recommend you contact Internal Support to start with a warranty process.

For now, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos