Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

A770 incompatible with Samsung Odyssey G9 via DisplayPort?

Trejkaz
Beginner
  • Brand new system
  • System was built by an integrator and tested by them, but possibly only partially tested
  • Only graphics card is an Intel Arc A770
  • Only monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G9
  • Only spare cable available is the one which came with the monitor, which is DisplayPort.

Boot system, nothing comes up on monitor.

Yes, I have checked the source input. It took a while to find it with Samsung's terrible UI, but I found it and set it to DisplayPort.

Next thing to try is getting another HDMI cable to try that, but I don't have a spare one laying around so it will be a while before I can try.

In the meantime, is there any incompatibility I should be aware of here? I thought that generally speaking DisplayPort was the better choice here?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Trejkaz

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing no display issues on your new system with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

The monitor should work fine with the GPU as there is no known incompatibility issue between them. I would advise the following troubleshooting:

• Try different DisplayPort(DP) cables or try an HDMI connection to check if the issue persists.
  • Reseat the GPU on its PCIE slot and make sure the 6+8 Pin Power Connector is plugged into the graphics card.
  • If your processor has integrated graphics, connect your DP cable to your motherboard and check if the same issue happens.
  • If possible, try a different monitor.

If the issue continues to happen, Could you please let us know if the system stays on or does it keep restarting? If possible share a short video.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Trejkaz
Beginner

So, I got an HDMI cable, and that does work.

So my conclusion is that DisplayPort on the A770 is incompatible with the G9. At least with the current drivers, which are the latest.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Trejkaz

Thank you for letting us know. It is good to know that the GPU works fine when connected through the HDMI port. The GPU should work through DisplayPort as well, Were you able to test different DisplayPort cables?

In case, that you want to continue with the troubleshooting please, let us know the results of the other troubleshooting steps from my previous post. Also please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your reply.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Trejkaz
Beginner

It took a while for a new DisplayPort cable to arrive.

The new cable does work, but I also went out of my way to buy the highest spec cable I could get my hands on. So now it's either an issue with Samsung's shipped cable, _or_ their shipped cable was incompatible somehow. Either way, I have it working for now, and have an issue I can take up with Samsung.

0 Kudos
Spencer3d
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Trejkaz

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Trejkaz

Thank you for letting us know. It is good to know that you were able to get your system up and running and that is now working as expected. The cables that are included with the monitor are oftentimes not the best quality so that could have been an issue.

Since this thread is resolved we will no longer monitor it. In case you run into any other issue, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos