Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20705 Discussions

ARC A770 - Audio Glitches / popping / stuttering

Philthy-Phil
New Contributor I

This was addressed in a similar thread, but seems to not be monitored anymore...

Is anyone else suffering from audio glitches / popping / stuttering after installing the new ARC A770? It was discovered that when you disable resize-bar the problem goes away, but doing this is kind of a defeats the purpose of this graphics card...

All the suggestions in the other thread were tried, but disabling resize - bar seemed to be the only thing that worked (newest drivers, reseating GPU etc). The thread says the issue is solved, but it is far from being solved.

Solved: ARC A770 is killing my audio - Intel Communities

My system is as follows and is only used for music / video production and photography, no gaming:

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 16 Core LGA 1700 3.20 GHz
Asus Prime Z690-P WiFi LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard
64.0 GB DDR5 RAM
Intel ARC A 770 16GB
Windows 11
3x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD
Gigabyte 850W 80+ Gold Power Supply (GP-P850GM)
Behringer UMC404HD external recording interface
Noctua NH-U12S PWM Chromax Black CPU Cooler

This system worked flawlessly with previous GPU and only change was "upgrading" to the ARC A770. I really hope there is a proper fix soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
58 Replies
Logidroid
Novice

I say that I say nothing but I have an i9 13900K 48 G  of RAM DDR5 6000MHz and it's not for using everything at low performance... 2500€ to use everything at low performance well no I don't agree

0 Kudos
D4ntePL
Novice

In my case, it doesn't help at all. It seems to me that there must be some problem with the board interfering with the graphics card? From what I see a lot of people have a similar Z690/Z790 and Intel 12th/13th platform.

0 Kudos
Dazeja
Novice

Yep, honestly I think my problem were the left over drives that Windows didn't delete, because I only had audio glitches, the video portion of the card was great until I had to disable resizable bar.

0 Kudos
D4ntePL
Novice

I also experience graphical glitches sometimes. It seems to me that there must be some interference with the driver in the hardware.

0 Kudos
theflakes
Beginner

I just purchased the Serpent Canyon NUC with the a770 GPU. I'm having the crackling audio problem with it in Windows 11. I've tried everything I've found so far to potentially resolve it and nothing has worked unfortunately.

0 Kudos
theflakes
Beginner

I forced most of my desktop apps and MS store apps to use the low power Xe iGPU option via System -> Display -> Graphics in Settings. So far not having issues with audio crackling.

I noticed that everything defaulted to using the a770 dGPU by default and the iGPU would show no use at all in Task Manager.

0 Kudos
Dazeja
Novice

You are correct that works also for those of us that has an iGpu as well. How did you do that for your desktop apps? I went to Graphic settings and it only list a few apps that I can change that settings for. I did a search for my DAW software and changed it there but I would like for ALL of my desktop apps ( Control Panel, explorer, device manage...etc.) use my iGPU. Whenever I open any window it will pop and crack. 

0 Kudos
theflakes
Beginner

The only thing I've noticed is that I sometimes experience an odd very short delay in GUI apps. I haven't found a way to force the iGPU to be the default. I haven't spent much time investigating it though. Unfortunately, you have to know where to find the binary to force it to use the iGPU. If the location of the binary changes, due to an update or something else, it prob won't force it to use the iGPU anymore.

0 Kudos
noineeL
Novice

how is it possible that there is no update on this....multiple posts complaining about this huge issue with Arc and the bug isn't even listed in the known bugs during patch notes on the drivers....

Philthy-Phil
New Contributor I

Well folks that's it, I'm done. After multiple system crashes in the middle of video / photo editing (even with rebar disabled), instability issues, popping and glitching in my audio and random resets when the computer is sitting idle, I have come to the decision that this card is absolute trash. I tried to be hopeful and supportive by holding on for driver updates, but if a company as big as intel cannot sort their **bleep** out - especially when I am using a system that primarily uses their hardware, then there is something else more to this issue. I don't have the time or patience anymore to wait and deal with their indifference. 

Its funny, as soon as I uninstalled all the drivers, removed the crap intel card and put back my old WinFast GTX 1650 D6 4G, absolutely zero issues. I been here testing my system all morning on things that made my PC glitch, stutter and crash with the ARC A770 installed, and this thing is now running rock solid.

The ARC A770 is now back in its original box being express shipped back to where I purchased it from. My biggest concern now is whether they will refund / exchange as they have to "test" the item etc. I just hope there is enough evidence in these forums to warrant my refund.

Cheers all, I hope that there is a solution soon for those of you that are deciding to hang on. All the best,

Phil

0 Kudos
Dazeja
Novice

I hear you man.... Fortunately I can wait it out since I have an iGPU. I find it funny that they literally made updates for the card to perform better on certain games but did nothing for this bug that affects its overall general performance. The sound issues have been a problem for a long time for certain combo's of motherboards.  

0 Kudos
D4ntePL
Novice

There seems to be some socket 1700 compatibility issue

0 Kudos
Warrens
Beginner

I ended up in this thread looking for a solution to this problem.  Turns out, running DDU and deleting the NVidia drivers that were previously installed on my system has seemed to entirely fixed my system.

CPU is a 12600K on a ASUS ROG STRIX B660.
Windows 11 22H2.
Old video card was an ASUS GTX 970.
New card is an A770.
Resizable BAR is enabled.

What is really curious about this is that everything worked fine for months.... I didn't start having audio / stuttering issues until I went from one monitor to three monitors!

So if you're seeing this problem, try running with a single monitor and see if it helps.

0 Kudos
out-of-rosenheim

Ich habe meine Arc A770 bereits zurückgeschickt und mir eine RTX 3060 Ti gekauft (teuer, aber seit dem keine Probleme mehr). Auch die Art wie hier von Seiten Intel Probleme behandelt werden, haben mich dazu veranlasst das Produkt Arc zukünftig nicht mehr zu kaufen.

0 Kudos
Dazeja
Novice

Yep, from their own responses it's clear that they never tested this situation which is extremely odd. It's almost like they put a product out JUST for gamers that don't use external audio cards or multiple screens. You see how quickly they fixed the performance problem for specific games, which seem like it would be "LOW" priority but obviously those things are 'HIGH' priority to them and stuff like  "operational" issues are low priority if it doesn't involve gamers.

0 Kudos
Dazeja
Novice

The latest update has fixed the problem for me~

0 Kudos
BobAudio
Beginner

The audio stutters/ youtube playback halts are still happening for me. 

If I turn ReBar off, they go away.  Very frustrating.  

Currently using 31.0.101.4382 on an x570i with 3700x.  

0 Kudos