Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

Access violation in glLinkProgram

Dennis_SHD
Beginner

Hi,

I get an access violation on glLinkProgram with the attached Vertex and Fragment Shader. Both shader compiles successfully with glCompileShader.

The Shader Code is converted from SPIR-V Vulkan Shaders with SPIR-V Cross (Vulkan 1.3.261.1).

System:

CPU i7-10750H

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

OpenGL Info:

Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel(R) UHD Graphics
Version: 4.5.0 - Build 31.0.101.2125

Kind regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To assist you properly, are developing an app/program? If so, what is the app and your goal? 

If this is not the case, please clarify what you are trying to do. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Dennis_SHD
Beginner

The Shaders are used for Screen Space Reflection as part of our rendering engine. The rendering engine is used in a commercial planning software for Windows written in C++.

On other Graphic Hardware (testet with mutliple cards from Nvidia and AMD) everything works as expected.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD  

Thank you for your reply. 

Are you working for a company or are you the developer (independent)? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Dennis_SHD
Beginner

I work for a company in germany.

Best regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD  

Thank you for your confirmation on this. 

What is the name of the company?

Are you able to share the application/software you are working on? We can send you an email associated with your community profile if needed.

If it is not possible, then please provide us with the following important information we need to investigate: 

1. Replication steps to reproduce this issue, please be specific as this is important to perform the correct investigation. 
  2. Debug results showing is not an app issue (E.g. memory or app dumps). 
  3. Screenshots or videos showing the issue itself. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Dennis_SHD
Beginner

The name of the company is "SHD AG".

I cannot share the source code of our software, but I created a minimal example. The attached archive contains a crash dump of the minimal example, the associated executable and source code (main.cpp).

The needed external dependencies are glfw3 for OpenGL context creation and glew for OpenGL function loading (Used versions are also included in the archive).

Best regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD  

Thank you very much for the information provided. 

I will investigate this. As soon as I have updates or if we need more information, I will get back to you. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD  

Thank you for your time. 

Please provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce this issue and test it on an 11th gen or newer system (please try using a system with the most recent CPU gen, if possible). 

On the other hand, please be aware that in the scenario we find this issue is caused by our driver and develop a fix, this fix will be only available in the driver for 11th gen and newer systems.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to check my previous post.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Dennis_SHD    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Dennis_SHD
Beginner

Hello , @Jocelyn_Intel 

Sorry for my late reply, there were holidays in Germany. 

The same error also occurs with a newer notebook.

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Driver Version: 31.0.101.5084

A minidump from this system is attached. To reproduce it start the exetuable in the previous uploaded zip archive (x64/Release/IntelAccessViolation.exe), or compile your own C++ project with the included main.cpp and external dependencies.

Best regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos