Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Acer Intel Iris Plus Issue Flashing every second

Dagunny
Novice

I replaced the screen of my Acer Spin 5 touch and stylus when the screen burned out. The new screen flashes every second. I have tried updating it from both Windows and Intel site. I have tried different modes by using an external monitor but still the same. This was on Windows 11. I did an Acronis restore to the previous working version Windows 10 build and still the same. I am able to boot to BIOS and it works perfectly. I am able to boot to Fedora 37 Linux from a flash drive and it works perfectly. The problem lies in the Intel IRIS driver.  If I uninstall the Intel Iris Plus (10th Gen CPU driver) driver it reverts to Windows Basic Driver (64 Hz).  That works but I cannot project the display to another monitor. Is there any resolution to this problem where I can use an Intel IRIS driver?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dagunny
Novice

I was able to get it working.  While it appeared to be a driver issue, I took apart the screen, re-seated all the wires and got some new conductive tape to secure the connectors.  It may have been a connector not fully seated but it now works.  Thanks for the support.  I used Acer's drivers on the W10 and then upgraded.  When that worked I restored the original W11 Acronis backup and all is back to normal.  You can close this out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny,

To further investigate this matter, we would like to have more system information. Please provide us with the report using the following tools:

•  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."
  •  Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Dagunny
Novice

SSU file attached

0 Kudos
Dagunny
Novice

I did a clean install with the latest driver (2115) from the Intel website. I can only use the external monitor and I get a black laptop screen but can see the mouse pointer on the laptop screen. My display shows 1|2 but I cannot toggle to just the laptop because it goes black again. I had both working after the install but I tried to change refresh rates and resolutions and it went back to the external only.  If I go back to the Windows Basic Display driver I get the laptop screen again.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny,

We appreciate your response.

It is important to add that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the Acer website, the latest driver available is the 27.20.100.8587. Perform a clean installation of the graphics driver.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Dagunny
Novice

I tried the clean install from Acer's driver as mentioned above. Same problem. Windows Basic Display Driver still works but with the Acer driver it flashes every second. The WBDD does shake a bit but it is fairly stable. Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny,

Thank you for your response.

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny, 

We appreciate your patience.

As this is a replacement for the original screen, the best recommendation is to check with OEM. If any driver is working from OEM and generic driver besides if the system was working well with our driver before burned out then this could be related to the new screen and then you will need to check with OEM.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Dagunny
Novice

I was able to get it working.  While it appeared to be a driver issue, I took apart the screen, re-seated all the wires and got some new conductive tape to secure the connectors.  It may have been a connector not fully seated but it now works.  Thanks for the support.  I used Acer's drivers on the W10 and then upgraded.  When that worked I restored the original W11 Acronis backup and all is back to normal.  You can close this out.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Dagunny,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now marked as solved, we will close it.

In case the issue reappears, we would recommend you contact Acer support as they can perform a hardware inspection to confirm if there is any physical problem with your unit.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos