Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21073 Discussions

Adding display border

idata
Employee

Hello there.

I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4400 with the latest driver. I use my TV as a monitor and would like to add blank space around my display, primarily because I play video games. I use 1024x648 custom in CSGO on a 40" TV and it would be perfect if there were 2-3" borders around the picture. I've managed to achieve this on my desktop, but any video game automatically occupies the entire screen. I want it so the display cannot stretch past these borders in any way, no matter what. I don't use centered scaling because the borders become more like 8" not the 2" I want.

If this is possible please let me know!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, xenom:

I would like to review some information in order to check if it is possible. Could you please let me know the game you are playing? I would also need from you download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, and your Intel® HD Graphics report see here for the instructions on how to get the report http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, please attach both files.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Here are the requested attachments. I am playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive using a custom 1024x576 resolution in game I created in the Intel Control Panel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any solution or process to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In your TV configuration, can you check if you have aspect ratio settings? If you do, try configuring them.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That has no effect on the desktop.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"I use 1024x648 custom in CSGO on a 40" TV" with this resolution, do you have the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" checked? Could you please provide me with an example of the 2-3" borders you would like to get?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/104149 xenom:

I would like to check on your thread; were you able to achieve the resolution mentioned above?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos