Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Adobe Digital Editions problem using Iris graphics

JohnRennie
Beginner

When I use Adobe Digital editions the display does not refresh when I move to a new page. The laptop is an LG Gram 16Z90P with an 11th gen i5 using the Iris integrated GPU and Windows 11. I have tried with Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 and 2.0 and both versions show the same problem. The e-book opens fine and displays the last page read, but when I press PgDn or click the "next page" icon the text doesn't change.

This is some sort of refresh problem because if I resize the window, or press ctrl-T to show/hide the navigation panel, the display immediately updates to show the current page.

I have also tested it in a remote desktop session to the LG Gram, i.e. using the "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter", and everything works fine so it looks as if the problem is with the Iris display drivers.

I have run ssu and attached the output.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_G_Intel

After testing and investigating, we were able to replicate this issue on older drivers but this doesn't happen with Intel driver 30.0.101.1340. This is a generic driver version provided by Intel, they do not include the customizations that OEM drivers do. For testing, please do a clean install of this latest driver and let us know if the issues persist:

If you have any questions please let us know.

Regards, 

David G

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello JohnRennie

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Is only Adobe affected?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Did you test different drivers? Did you try both the OEM and Intel drivers?
  • Did it work properly at any point before?
  • To replicate this, please share with us the specific steps that you follow

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
JohnRennie
Beginner

>Is only Adobe affected?

Yes, I have only seen this problem with Adobe Digital Editions.

>When did this issue start?

I did a fresh install of Windows 11 on a blank disk and Windows installed the Iris drivers. The problem was there from the start i.e. Digital Editions never worked on the laptop.

>Did you test different drivers? Did you try both the OEM and Intel drivers?

As mentioned above I have tested using RDP, which routes graphics through the "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter", and this does work i.e. paging through the book works. The W11 install installed the Intel Iris drivers so they were there from the start. I have tried downloading the latest Iris drivers from the Intel support site, but they were the same version as the ones Windows had already installed.

>Did it work properly at any point before?

Digital Editions has never worked on this laptop.

>To replicate this, please share with us the specific steps that you follow

Start with a blank disk and do a W11 install accepting all defaults. Run Windows update to install all drivers. Then download the latest version of Digital Editions 4.5.11 from https://www.adobe.com/uk/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html. Then open any .epub book and try to page forward and backward. This will fail to redraw the screen.

Further comments: this is obviously a problem with the Digital Editions app failing to detect when a screen refresh is required, but DE works fine on ever computer I have tried and I have used DE in literally dozens of different computers. My new laptop is the only computer I have that uses Iris graphics and it's the only one that shows the problem.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update. We are investigating this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

After testing and investigating, we were able to replicate this issue on older drivers but this doesn't happen with Intel driver 30.0.101.1340. This is a generic driver version provided by Intel, they do not include the customizations that OEM drivers do. For testing, please do a clean install of this latest driver and let us know if the issues persist:

If you have any questions please let us know.

Regards, 

David G

0 Kudos
JohnRennie
Beginner

The 30.0.101.1340 have indeed fixed the problem!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the update helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. The driver 30.0.101.1340 is a generic version that doesn't include the customizations that OEM drivers do, so you could lose some features you previously had. If you need the customized version of the .1340 driver, please contact the laptop manufacturer. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos