Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Aggiornamento a W10 1803 non funziona modifica luminosita' dello schermo

cdavo
Beginner

Salve sono Carlo piacere 🙂 Ho un PC Acer Aspire 5732z e ieri ho fatto l'aggiornamento alla versione 1803. Avevo gia' la versione precedente di W10 che funzionava benissimo. Purtroppo ora non funziona piu' la regolazione della luminosita' dello schermo: la luminosita' e' sempre al massimo 100% . Il driver della scheda video che mi e' stato montato , aggiornato , e' il Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family (Microsoft Corporation -WDDM 1.1). Se faccio il rollback mi riporta al driver Microsoft base che e' zoommato e poi anche lì la luminosita' e' al massimo. Nel Driver del monitor generico plug an play non posso ripristinare il driver precedente in quanto mi compare la voce ma non e' cliccabile( quindi sul PC non sono presenti versioni precedenti di quel driver): lì il driver e' aggiornato. Come fare per potere ancora regolare la luminosita' del PC? Così alta e' veramente fastidiosa...Grazie , a presto cari saluti santa e serena notte ogni bene ciao Carlo.. 🙂

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello carlodavoli,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are having issues with your display brightness in your OEM system.

Based on the brief description we noticed that you own an equipment with Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family; I regret to inform you that in this case this type of chipset does not support Windows* 10, so we cannot guarantee full performance on your system.

You can check the supported Os's for your system here, under Legacy Intel ® Graphics products:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html# legacy

However I understand that the system was working fine before the last Windows* Update, so please go ahead a give it a try to the following steps:

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable/disable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, and then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

If this does not work, we strongly suggest you to contact your system manufacturer for support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
cdavo
Beginner

Hi thank you for your very kind answer. I tried it but it doesn't work...I restarted the PC. Nothing. I need to know the right Driver and install it, ...then removing the new driver that is not compatible...I already contacted ACER company and i did discussions there, but company said it cannot help me because i'm out of warranty...and i updated my pc to a W 10 but my Pc was sold with Windows 7 inside...Please if you know the right driver to install there, tell me where i can download it..and what file it is...exactly ( not a folder of files) . Thank you for your help, holy night there.. god bless you, peace and love, warm regards, bye Carlo.. 🙂

0 Kudos
cdavo
Beginner

Hi i saw your Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products . my processor is Intel Processor T 4400. Intel GMA 4500 M. Up to 1695 Mb DVMT. can you give me the right driver and where i can download it? thanks, Carlo ( sorry for the writing)...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello carlodavoli

Thank you for your response.

In this case, there are no drivers for the machine that you own as the support for the processor is extended up to Windows7* and not to Windows*10, our drivers are released for newer systems.

I regret to inform you that in this case, rolling your OS back or contacting Microsoft for support* are the best ways to approach your issue.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
DVn
Beginner

Ciao, ho lo stesso problema, ho un ACER TRAVELMATE 5744Z - Intel Pentium P6200.

Cosa posso fare? Grazie

0 Kudos
cdavo
Beginner

Salve a chi segue questo thread ho trovato due soluzioni ( molto simili) nelle discussioni in lingua inglese. Le riporto qua sotto per Intero..

1) Soluzione:

Hi, Joaode

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor

Try with this option

In the Windows search engine, type

regedit

and we give enter.

In the left panel we look for the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 0000

(Sometimes the final folder can be 0001)

Located in this folder look for the following record:

Feature Test Control

Open and give a value of fb20 in hexadecimal and Accept.

It will then appear as 0x0000fb20 (64288) in the right pane.

Additionally, place the following record in the same folder: KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2

Open and give a value of 0 and accept.

After these steps, restart the computer.

I hope it helps you

2) Soluzione:

For those still encountering this issue, I recommend that you follow these steps and see if the issue persists:

1. In Windows start search box, type in regedit and hit Enter.
  2. Navigate to the following key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/ 4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 /0000
  3. Double-click the item of FeatureTestControl, set the hexadecimal value to "fb20", and click OK.
  4. Reboot your computer to reflect the changes.

Registry Disclaimer: The steps mentioned here includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Article ID <a href="https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows" rel="noreferrer" style="color: # 551...

0 Kudos
DVn
Beginner

Ciao, questa procedura mi sembra un pochino delicata per me che non sono praticissima al livello tecnico. Ti ringrazio lo stesso, spero di risolvere

0 Kudos
cdavo
Beginner

Ciao, non e' così difficile, ma bisogna fare il back up del registro per non incorrere in ipotetici danni futuri. Qua trovi come fare il back up del registro.. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

Questa e' la procedura che ha avuto piu' successi e sembra la piu' sensata. Io sono sicuro che funzionera'. Devo solo trovare il tempo e la giusta pace intorno per farlo… Oppure, come dice l'ultima parte della mia precedente risposta, puoi aspettare un aggiornamento Windows 10 update che risolva questo problema che oramai si sta diffondendo tra i molto utilizzatori di Windows 10 nel mondo che hanno appena aggiornato alla versione 1803. Windows ne e' a conoscenza e correranno ai ripari certamente al piu' presto possibile con un Update che risolvera' il problema della luminosita' al massimo.. Io nel frattempo sto usando , come rimedio, un programma che ti fa regolare la luminosita'...se vuoi provarlo e' facilissimo.. https://dimscreen.en.softonic.com/ DimScreen - Download

Ciao, santa e serena notte pace e bene, cari saluti, grazie, Carlo… 🙂

0 Kudos
DVn
Beginner
0 Kudos
cdavo
Beginner

Salve a tutti, finalmente con l'ultimo aggiornamento di oggi pomeriggio, 13 giugno 2018, il problema e' stato risolto. La regolazione della luminosita' e' tornata a funzionare. Tutto bene, grazie a Windows e grazie a tutti, cari saluti, santa e serena giornata ogni bene ciao Carlo.. 🙂

0 Kudos
DVn
Beginner

Confermo, anch'io ho risolto con l'ultimo aggiornamento per Windows 10 - 1803 - KB4284835 del 12.06.2018.

0 Kudos