Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

All scaling options lead to out of range

JPond1
Beginner

Hi!

My GPU died few days ago, so I'm currently using Intel HD Graphics Family from my Pentium G3220.

Whenever i choose any scaling option my screen goes black and it says out of range. I'ts set to the default "Maintain display scaling" and I cant change it.

I have updated to the last driver via Intel driver assistant and I'm using a VGA cable because it doesnt have an HDMI slot.

-My monitor is LG IPS227L 27'

I want to play LoL but when I play it on the resolution I always do with the graphics set on lowest I get 40-59 fps which is not enough for the later phases into the game. However if i set it to 1366x768 i get a minimum of 75fps which is enough, but the resolution is weird and bad quality.

sample.png

When I try to find an other resolution that wouldnt look so bad, even a bit higher one and get a minumum of 60fps it doesnt work. If i choose anything else besides 1366x768, 1360x768. 1680x1050, 1980x1020 my monitor goes black and out of range, but i can change to any other desktop resolution, just not in game. I have googled that i should try messing with the scaling options but sadly it doesnt work...

If i set my native resolution to the one I wanna try my ingame fps and go borderless, the borderless options lag the game and reduce my fps, it even freezes...

Is there a solution for me? please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JPond1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. This behavior seems to be related to the system resources nevertheless in order to look into it please provide me with the information and reports requested on the following link: https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P0000490AGdSAM?language=en_US Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JPond1 Have you have been collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos