Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

An issue with intel arc A730M graphics card that may not support solid works.

Asunar114514
Beginner

Hello, intel hardware engineers and software developers:

I received my newly bought intel nuc x15 notebook yesterday, and then I installed the drivers correctly according to the official operation instructions. I am a mechanical engineer, and I use solidworks,auto cad,catia and ANSYS a lot in my daily work. However, when I used solidworks yesterday, I found obvious delay in 3d model rotation and intermittent non-response of the software. When I opened the task manager, I found that solidworks did not call my ARC A730 graphics card, but only used an integrated graphics card with a cpu, and the usage was not high. The version of my solid works software is version 2022. I suspect that the driver of the graphics card has not developed and optimized it. Could you please check whether this problem exists and how to solve it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Asunar114514,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when using Solid Works on your Nuc x15 laptop.

We would like to let you know that we are currently working alongside the Solid Works performance to improve performance with the software. However, there is no estimated time for the resolution of this issue, so please stay tuned for future driver updates.

Since this process requires further effort on our part and to void duplicate efforts, we are considering closing the thread, but we would like to know your opinion and confirm whether or not you agree to close the thread.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Asunar114514
Beginner

Thanks, plz solve the problem as soon as possible,I agree to close the thread.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Asunar114514,

Thanks for your response.

Rest assured that we are working hard on it, and stay tuned for further driver updates. Since you agreed, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question} since this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos