Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Application firefox.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

shanks
Beginner

It has been 7 months since i have been using this graphics card and all of sudden this notification pops up "Application firefox.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and firefox cant run videos smoothly and lags. i have attached dxdiag file. Pls help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello shanks, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I was checking the report you have attached and I can see that the graphics driver is not yet updated. We always recommend to first get the drivers directly from the manufacturer, this is because we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. Nevertheless, this does not mean that our drivers are not going to work, if you wish to proceed with the latest graphics driver released by us, please refer to the steps below: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.(Link below) https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28566/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. Once this process has been followed, check again to see if the issue persists. Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
shanks
Beginner

thanks a lot. The issue doesn't persist anymore. But i m curious to know that from which source should i update the graphics driver from now on? Should i use the update from dell or intel?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello shanks, Thank you for your response. I am really glad the issue is not present anymore. We always recommend to first go with the graphics driver updates provided by the system manufacturer; however, our drivers some times are more updated and can fix issues like this. We recommend the manufacturer's first due to the reasons stated above. Since you updated with ours I would recommend to stick with the ones released by us. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos