Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Arc A770 16G has black screen problem on Tencent Video web side full-screen mode

ZAllureeee
Beginner

Problem:

When I open video from Tencent Video web side and turn it to full-screen mode, the screen will become black after 1~2 seconds. 

Then if I try to double click the video(turn back to non-fullscreen mode) or close web browser in black screen status, it will become normal after 1~2 seconds.

I could replay this problem in 4887, 4952 and 4953 driver. I don't know is it exist in older driver versions.

I have tried uninstall graphic driver with DDU and re-install driver, its not work.

My Hardware:

i5-13400F, Arc A770 16G, 32G DDR5 6000Mhz

Tencent Video URL: https://v.qq.com

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

We are sorry to hear that your video has been blocked due to copyright issues. Unfortunately, we may not be able to upload the video to YouTube as it may continue to trigger copyright claims. However, we will try to attach the video to this post.

We have recently released a new driver update that you can test to see if it resolves the issue. However, since we couldn't reproduce the issue on our end, it appears that the problem is not related to the graphics driver. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the app developer for further assistance with your issue.

Lastly, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for reporting your issue!

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
ZAllureeee
Beginner

I have tried uninstall graphic driver with DDU and re-install driver, its not work.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities. We would be more than happy to help you with the black screen problem when watching videos on the Tencent website.

Based on your issue, we would like to ask for the following inforamtion:

• When did the issue start? Was it present since day one?
  • Is the problem only present on this website?
  • It would be ideal to record a video showing the problem.
  • We see that you have an Intel Arc A770, but we would like to check more details about your card. Is it a Limited Edition card, or is it a graphics card from any of the other manufacturers: Acer, AsRock, Sparkle?
  • To gather more information about your system. Please create and share a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ZAllureeee
Beginner

Hi Jean, 

I'm very glad to receive your response. Here is more information:

1. About time.

It happened in day one. I first time watch the video on morning when I install this new graphic, its ok. But when afternoon, the problem happened. I didn't do anything during that time.

2. About client.

Its only happened in website. I tried Tencent Video Desktop Client, its good.

3. About manufacture.

Its from Acer. PREDATOR BIFROST Intel® Arc™ A770 OC | DirectX 12 GPU | Predator Gaming | Predator | Acer United States

I have upload the SSU Report and Issue Video. I hope them could help you locate root cause.

0 Kudos
Jamas94
New Contributor I

I think it is a driver bug, because I am using the A770 16GB LE version. In the past, there was a small chance that the screen would go black and the screen would just restart without any time. Now starting with the driver version 4800 or later, color blocks appear randomly and frequently and the system crashes. Now, In some applications of 4952 and 4593, color blocks will inevitably appear every day and then flicker. Finally, the system crashes, black screen and no signal output.

If it's not a driver problem, then it's a design flaw in the hardware.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

Thank you for the information provided. Based on the information you provided, we noticed that your operating system is not up to date. Your Windows Build version is 22621, and the latest version is 22631, so we recommend you install all the necessary OS updates.

Since you mentioned that the issue is only present when using the website, we would like to know if you have tried using different browsers, and we would like to know which browser options you tried.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ZAllureeee
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I have tried different browser. The issue only happened in Edge(my version is 119.0.2151.72). When I switch to latest Firefox Developer Edition, it could display video in full screen mode normally.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

Before we look into this matter internally, we would like to ask if you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in both browsers:

Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
  • Click/tap on System on the left side.
  • Look for the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.

Mozilla Firefox:

• Click the menu button and select Settings.
  • Select the General panel.
  • Under Performance, look for the "use hardware acceleration when available" option.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ZAllureeee
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I have checked my setting. 

Hardware Acceleration is enabled in both browsers.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

Thank you for checking for this detail. Based on the information you have provided, we will proceed to look into this matter internally. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

After looking into this matter, we would like to recommend you install the new driver 31.0.101.4972. Install the driver after you run the DDU to eliminate all driver leftovers from the previous installation, and test the game.

We also would like to ask one more time for you to update your Operating System to build version 22631. Note that Edge is integrated with the OS, and it might be a good idea to update it to the latest version.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ZAllureeee
Beginner

Hi Jean, 

Thanks for your response.

I have updated Windows 11 to build version 22631, uninstall old driver with DDU and install the latest driver(4972).

But the issue isn't solved.

I will upload latest SSU Report to help you locate root cause.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

We understand that the issue remains after updating the Windows 11 build and running DDU to install the new driver. We will resume our research on this matter. We will be back as soon as we have an update.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Halo Zallureeee

We would like to post in your thread to let you know that we continue to look into this matter. Unfortunately, we don't have an update on this yet, but rest assured that we are working on this matter, and we will provide an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

We would like to let you know that after testing the issue internally, we have been unable to replicate the problem you described. We tested this with the latest driver 31.0.101.5074, and did not notice any issue, in fullscreen mode the videos played without problem, and you can take a look at our video showing the issue replication. We recommend using How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) with our latest drivers and make sure the browser is up-to-date.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
ZAllureeee
Beginner

Hi Jean,

First, thanks to the Intel Graphics Team for taking the issues I raised seriously.

Second, I‘m always on the lookout for driver updates for Arc A770, so I have updated the driver to 5074 at the first moment. But the issue is not be solved.

The video that you uploaded on the YouTube has be blocked because of copyright reasons,  so I cannot watch it. But its ok, I trust you have tested this issue.

ZAllureeee_0-1702557201461.png

So based on your test, I believe maybe the issue comes from Software Compatibility Problem between Arc Graphic Driver and other software on my computer. And its not easy for you to locate it obviously.

So I think it's time to finish this Discussion. I will watch Tencent Video with other browser or desktop client. Maybe it will be normal when I reinstall my system lol🤣.

Finally, thanks to you and the Intel Graphic Team for your constant follow up on my questions during this time. I sincerely wish Intel Graphics get better and better in the future! Hats off to your work ethic of respecting the demands of users!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

We are sorry to hear that your video has been blocked due to copyright issues. Unfortunately, we may not be able to upload the video to YouTube as it may continue to trigger copyright claims. However, we will try to attach the video to this post.

We have recently released a new driver update that you can test to see if it resolves the issue. However, since we couldn't reproduce the issue on our end, it appears that the problem is not related to the graphics driver. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the app developer for further assistance with your issue.

Lastly, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for reporting your issue!

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zallureeee,

We have not received a response from you, but we see that you have marked your thread as solved, so we understand that the information we provided has been useful. We will proceed to close this thread now. If you require further assistance, please open a new thread, as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos