Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21164 Discussions

Arc A770 Question

ShaunMcCloud
Beginner

I know the Arc A770 states you need a 10th gen Intel CPU, but if we have a 9th gen platform that has resizable bar support it should work decently right?  I'm currently running a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 and with the recent $50 price drop on the ASRock A770 it is really tempting so I can play games at a decent speed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ShaunMcCloud,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are looking for information about the compatibility of the Intel® Arc™ A770.

You are correct, and we recommend using Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics with 10th-generation processors or higher for optimal performance. However, Additional platforms/motherboards with Resizable BAR / Smart Access Memory enabled may also support Intel® Arc™ A-Series graphics.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ShaunMcCloud,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ShaunMcCloud,

Before closing the thread, we want to make a last comment adding that the primary requirement to get the best performance on Arc Graphics is a platform (motherboard + processor) that supports Resizable BAR. In case you are using a motherboard with 9th gen, the card should work, but performance results will be severely affected due to lack of Resizable BAR.

If you need any additional information, submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos