Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Arc A770 having issue with Apex Legends

PurpleCloud
Novice

Issues running DX11, frame rate is inconsistent; the frame rate is some times high but stutters a lot and freeze for short period on and off so the game is not really playable. The CPU is at 100%, I have i7-8700 so 6-cores and up to 4.8GHz. GPU would be <50% load. Using the latest beta driver 101.4034 that is available. Tried DX12 and getting < 1 fps, for DX12 CPU is around 30% and GPU at 100%. 

• When did the issue start?

This started when we swapped the GPU from nVidia 970 to A770. Cleaned old driver with DDU and installed both the latest driver and now on the beta driver. Similar issue.

• What is the distribution service you are using to get the game? (steam, Xbox,Epic Games)

Using Steam right now.

• Please record a video of the issue and share it with us

Will upload later.

• Download and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* make sure to check the box "Everything"

and save the resulting .txt file you can attach it to your reply. Link for Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello PurpleCloud

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing low FPS and stuttering issues when trying to play Apex Legends. Please let's try the following:

1.-Once you are able to provide the video showing this issue, please also share with us a screenshot of the graphics settings that you are using on the game.

2.-Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?

3.-Please try out the latest BETA driver that recently came out, the version is 30.0.101.4090.

4.-I see that you shared with us a Dx log file. Please also take a log from the Intel® System Support Utility and share it with us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
PurpleCloud
Novice

I updated the driver to the latest beta 30.0.101.4090. 

Generated the system info from Intel system support utility and attached.

Resizable BAR has been enabled for this system.

I'll get a video and graphics setting and upload.

Thanks for looking into this.

0 Kudos
PurpleCloud
Novice

The resizable BAR has been enabled. 

I also installed the latest 30.0.101.4090 beta driver.

I include the video of the game play. Not sure if you can see it but the frame rate is between 18 to 30 frames per second. The cpu is at 100% while the GPU is only at 20-30%. Also included a video to show the graphics setting in the game. Mostly lower settings.

0 Kudos
PurpleCloud
Novice

Attached is the system support utility log file.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PurpleCloud

I appreciate all the information that you have provided so far. We will continue checking this issue and I will post back as soon as I have an update for you or in case I need more information from you. I appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PurpleCloud

Thank you for your patience. We want to let you know that this is a known issue that we have identified and that we are currently working to get resolve as one of our top priorities. You can expect a fix in the upcoming driver with the fix highlighted in the release notes, however, please note that we can not provide an exact time frame for the release of the said driver.

The reference Bug Id number will be 13010326423.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos