Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Arc Control keeps going back to default settings after relaunching app or restarting system

Xillvion
New Contributor I

In Arc Control, the Retro Scaling Type, Anti-aliasing and Allow Data Collection setting will go back to it's default values after rebooting the system or just relaunching the app.

Those defaults are, Scaled Width, Anti-Aliasing Force off, and enabled data collection.

Please, can it respect changes done by the user, it's rather annoying, especially since I had issues with Retro Scaling under Command Center software.

...for the data collection one, is it forced on Beta drivers?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics. 

We are sorry to hear you experience problems with Intel® ARC control not keeping the settings after a reboot. We are glad to assist.  

Let us gather the entire information about the problem in order to provide a possible solution.  

• Did you notice the problem after a change?
  • What’s your Intel® ARC control version?
  • Which drivers have you tested?

My recommendation, please perform either a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows (manual step-by-step walkthrough click here) or checkmark the box on the driver installer window as well. Try on both driver types, we remain attentive to updates.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
  1. Of course
  2. Right now, I'm on version 1.59.4182.2. This version only forces Anti-aliasing to the default setting. Not sure for the Beta driver one.
  3. Those two drivers you suggested, however one of my games refuses to work at all. Currently using 31.0.101.3802 in the meantime.

If I'm not wrong, the .NET Core Runtime 3.1 is required for Arc Control to work, right? I did try updating it to the most recent version of it.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, thank you for the update. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
  1. Yes it does
  2. DirectX 11 Fortnite, 31.0.101.3959 and the latest beta drivers. I have already reported the problems here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/DirectX-12-on-Fortnite-no-longer-supported-on-Intel-graphics/td-p/1435524
0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance? 

To continue please provide the pending information updated.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

I am investigating the reported problems you mention on this thread. 

I check back as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

I am investigating the reported problems you mention from this thread. 

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem about the configuration settings that breaks.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

I have a video, trying to turn off the Retro Scaling setting, data collection setting seems to be unaffected on that driver, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7FNd4GNxk

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

I am investigating the reported problems you reported, thank you for the video link showing the problem.

I will check back as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion

I appreciate the patience, we are still working on providing an update as we finish the investigation.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion

We appreciate your patience, I am still investigating this concern and will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Henry,

Thank you for your patience, your concern is still under investigation, in order to carry out more research we require a log please look for it and send it over.

Location C:\Users\<your_username_here>\AppData|Local\Intel\IGN\logs

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

I will need more time to gather those logs.

0 Kudos
Xillvion
New Contributor I

Actually, I don't even need the extra time. I provided 5 logs just in case.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

Thank you for the information provided, we appreciate it. As soon as possible we provide an update as part of the investigation. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello Xillvion, 

We truly appreciate your patience. During this time, we were able to pinpoint the problem, we are actively working on bringing a solution though there is no expected timeframe for a resolution yet. 

Thank you for the information provided.

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos