Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20904 Discussions

Arc a580 performance issues

Begad
Novice

hello

so there is an issue with God of War i`m having
so basically the game runs fine when i start it with good fps ranging from 70 or 80 to 100 or 105 fps depending on how intensive the scene is and gpu usage ranging between 80% to 99% but that just goes on for like around 5 mins. after those 5 mins the gpu usage remains the same but the fps goes down drastically to like 40 to 50 fps and some stuttering appears and if i continue to play for like 5 more minutes the fps goes down to 25 to 40 fps 

game graphics are set to the ultra preset with resolution at 1080p and render resolution on 100%

ReBar is enabled as shown in the screenshot attached

SSU log is attached too

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May I know if the issue started the first time you played God of War? And if not, have you made any changes to the system before the issue occurred? 

Furthermore, have you tried troubleshooting the issue? If yes, is it possible that you can make a list of them? so we can check them and avoid recommending them to you.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Begad
Novice

well the issue started the first time i tried the game on this gpu and i was on gfx driver 5534 and the issue happened as i described so i thought it might be a driver issue so i tried the new whql driver 5590 the issue still existed but it took longer time to happen like instead of 5min it took maybe like 10 or smth like that i also tried changing the graphics settings to high preset and the issue still happend so i tried running the game on vulkan with DXVK but it did nothing to the issue it just made the fps a bit higher but the issue still happened after i play for like 5 to 10 mins 

before i tried using vulkan i noticed the ram usage going up a bit by bit to reaching around 28 gb ram usage which i think is too high for a game like this but idk if that affects the issue
when i tried vulkan the ram usage was like 21gb but the issue still happened so i couldn`t figure out what was the problem

i`m trying to attach capframeX .json files to show you the difference in performance when the game has been running for a while and when i restart it and difference in performance in different areas in the game but it says " The file type (.json) is not supported. "

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad,

Thank you so much for the quick response.

The information that you have shared was all highly noted, and by the way, I will raise the case with our engineers so they can provide us with appropriate troubleshooting steps that might fix the issue. Also, regarding this error message, "The file type (.json) is not supported," we will do extra research on this as well, as the CapFrameX might also help us to easily find the root cause of the issue.

I will update you as soon as I have our engineers response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

As for our next step, we will first gather your CapFrameX, as it will help us quickly isolate the issue.

In regards to that, please follow these steps:

CapFrameX installation instructions:

1. Go to https://www.capframex.com/download and download the latest version of CapframeX.
  2. Go to https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html and download the latest version of RTSS.
  3. Unzip both installers and install them.
  4. Launch CapFrameX, and then close it. This is why it creates the user configuration folder.
  5. Download and unzip the file OverlayEntryConfiguration_0.json (attached in this post) with the recommended RTSS configuration.
  6. Paste this file to %userprofile%\Documents\CapFrameX\Configuration.
  7. In the Capture tab, set the "Capture time" to 0. This is to remove the preset limit on capture time.
  8. In the Overlay tab, uncheck "Auto-Disable OSD" and click the save icon.

Capturing the Performance Data:

1. Open CapframeX and do not minimise or close it.
  2. Open the game and go to the part of the game where you need to reproduce the issue. You should see the RTSS overlay in the top left corner of your screen, with the status "<game name> ready to capture...".
  3. Press F11 to start capturing data and reproducing the issue. The status in the overlay will change to "Recording frametimes XX s".
  4. Once you have reproduced the issue, press F11 to finish the data capture. The status in the overlay will change to "Processing data.".
  5. Back to CapFrameX, you can find all the data captures in the left panel of the Analysis tab. Clicking on any one of these captures will display the results on the right.
  6. To export the captured data as a JSON file, right-click the capture and click on "Copy/paste recording file(s)".

If you encounter any difficulties in finding the %userprofile%\Documents\CapFrameX\Configuration directory, you may create a new folder named 'Configuration' within the CapFrameX folder.

We will be waiting for your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad,

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the CapFrameX installation instructions, so we may be able to guide you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Begad
Novice

hey, 

i installed it and did everything u mentioned but i`m still getting file type not supported when i try to attach the files here

i attached a screenshot showing the error

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad,

Thank you so much for the response and for following the steps that we have provided.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps so you may be able to attach your CapFrameX file:

1. Create a new folder, then move the.json file inside that new folder.

2. Right-click the new folder, then click "Send to".

3. After that, click "Compressed (zipped) folder".

4. Then, attach or drag and drop the zip folder in the drag and drop field of the community forum.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Begad
Novice

in the first one (earliest date on the file) the game was running for a while you`ll find the frametime is pretty high and the fps is very low in comparison to when the game is restarted

the second one is when i restarted the game and did the benchmark in the exact place i did the first one you`ll a very big difference between the fps and frame time and other statistics

i attached the third one because in that part of the map where i recorded the third one the frame time is always very high and the fps is very low as shown in the file (the place is brok`s shop and the bridge that`s around lake of the nine)

all tests are done at ultra preset and the game is running on vulkan

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Begad, 

We really appreciate you sharing your CapFrameX and the other important details with us.

Since we already have the information that we needed, we will now do further investigation on the issue.

By the way, I will get back to you as soon as the recommendation or update is available.

Thank you so much for your patience!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos