Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21075 Discussions

[Ask/Help] Will we get future driver updates for 1st gen. intel hd mobile graphics to be compatible with win. 10?

OKesh
Beginner

Hi,

I have a bit old notebook equipped with 1st generation core i7 processor and built in intel hd graphics. To be more clear, acer aspire 5745g with i7 640m cpu. For now I've switched to generic drivers from intel because acer seems no longer provide updates for my system. Currently I've installed gma 15.22.58.64.2993 (8.15.10.2993) driver from intel driver update utility but that driver seem to be released back in 2 years ago.

So, I just wanna confirm whether this generation of graphics will be full compatible with upcoming windows 10 and will we get native windows 10 ready drivers in the future?

Please help! Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have checked the list of compatible operating system for your Intel® HD Graphics first generation. I see that windows 10 is not compatible.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm# core Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

You will be able to install the operating system; however, you get limited graphics features because the computer will work with generic Inbox Windows 10 drivers.

Allan.