Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21013 Discussions

Asus ProArt Thunderbolt Monitor Stuck at 30Hz and 8-bit color

5urg3
Beginner

Host computer is:

HP Z2 Mini G9 with HP Thunderbolt 3 FlexIO module

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64) Build 22631.2715 (23H2)

BIOS 8/31/2023

Monitor is:

Asus Pa32UCX

This monitor works perfectly fine with a M1 Mac Mini, 60Hz and 10-bit color

When using it with the same thunderbolt cable with this HP computer, it's limited to 8-bit color and 30 Hz 😞

Please help!

Current CPU is i5-12500

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @5urg3

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand you are experiencing some issues with Intel® UHD Graphics 770, we will be more than happy to provide you with some information.

After checking the compatibility of your HP Thunderbolt 3.0 Flex IO, we found that your computer is not listed there.

Also, according to the HP Z2 Mini G9 Workstation User guide on page 16, it says: Monitors with resolutions above 1920 × 1200 pixels at 60 Hz require a graphics card with either Dual Link DVI (DL-DVI) or DisplayPort output. To get native resolution with DVI, you must use a DL-DVI cable, not standard DVI-I or DVI-D cables.

We highly recommend contacting HP Computer Support for further assistance.

If your computer was able to display that resolution before, using the same monitor, cable and converter, please let us know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
5urg3
Beginner
I rebooted a few times and now it works, though I now have another problem — I can only enable 10-bit color with HDR turned on. I should be able to use 10-bit color with SDR as well. But it seems I can not, for some reason. I’ve already got a separate case with Intel about this, waiting for a response.
There is something very screwy with this thunderbolt module though…HP support are useless but I’ll try opening up a case with them.
0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello 5urg3

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior.

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. You will be helped through the chat channel about your new case.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.   

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos