Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Attn Intel: Halo infinite still not working on Iris XE

bobbarr743
Beginner

INTEL: Per the attached thread, you stated that you would update the drivers by the full release date of Halo Infinite.  However, there have been no new driver releases and the game is therefore still not working properly.  Are you planning on fixing this?  

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Bug-Halo-infinite-is-very-broken-on-Iris-XE-graphics/m-p/1337064/highlight/true

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner
We'll be lucky if they're gonna have a release of new drivers this month. I've been asking them on twitter and it looks like a bot is making the replies saying that they'll release new drivers once the game is out. THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR WEEKS and no fixes or actions have been made for this issue. It's just really disappointing at this point. Iris xe can run apex, battlefield V, even forza horizon 5 and give great performance. But it can't even run halo infinite
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

bobbarr743, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

The game is not working at all or does it run with problems?

If that is the case, what is the issue with the game?

Was the game "Halo Infinite" working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bobbarr743
Beginner

Why are you pretending that my answer to you will change anything?  You are obviously just stalling.  All the information you need is provided by other users in the prior post.  Halo Infinite does not and has never worked on Iris XE graphics.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Bug-Halo-infinite-is-very-broken-on-Iris-XE-graphics/m-p/1337064/highlight/true 

0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

Hey figured id reply to this question since im willing to answer, but the issues been going since launch and its not exclusive to my Laptop which is an HP 17 laptop, i havent found anyone online that can run it if they have an IRIS XE card. i5/i7 didn't matter. im using the latest version of windows 10. My computer is new, i got it less than 4 months ago, and havent had similar issues anywhere. My ssu is in the thread the other guy linked, but ill walk you through the issue here.

First the game wouldn't launch until i downloaded the beta drivers off intel site, then when i booted in, the main menu was mostly red, and going into a game showed that the textures were mostly black. performance was fine, but the in game menu said it didnt detect my GPU. I downloaded the most recent driver the other day but still no luck. Like i said before I'm not really too worried about getting it fixed since it seems like a bigger problem than changing a few lines of code, but i figured yall should know. 

I also want to put some ways for people to play infinite with this issue. if by some off chance you have an Xbox its free with game pass. so you could play it on there if the subscription is doing the $1 for 1 month deal, just remember to cancel it and that you wont technically own the game. Cloud gaming also works for my pc, but my internet is bad for the time being so it wasnt to great like that. def playable though

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Then, don't post expecting help if you are not willing to provide info that support staff request and rather just keep checking or following the other threads...

I don't understand why people get so mad for just providing answers to simple questions...

Usually, the more evidence upper levels (not "first-contact" support staff) receive, the more probably those upper levels or developers may come with a solution...

Also, the requirements for this game says that it needs "Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia RTX 2070" or better... why do end users not understand the big difference between integrated graphics and powerful discrete graphics?? This is a new game, released just 1 month ago... it is "a high graphics demanding game" and some people out there is expecting to much from they "low performance" integrated gpus... 

Halo Infinite on Steam (steampowered.com)

0 Kudos
Pumkii
Beginner

Hey, just wanted to say, i agree with you that we should be patient with support since they're job is to ask these questions. But this bug isn't a performance issue. the game runs wonderfully at 30fps, frametimes are decent, its just that most of the textures are blacked out or flickering. plus a ryzen 3600g(idk exactly if it was 3600 but it was an integrated chip) isnt having these problems and still gets 30fps consistantly, so i think the game will be able to run on lower end systems, its just a matter of if the drivers get released. It should be said though, when i made the other post, i wasn't expecting it to even be fixed by launch, these things take time, and halo even says its not compatible with intel drivers on their site.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

You have provided good points... but if even the game developer is saying "the game is not compatible with Intel drivers", then we should not get mad because the "fix cannot be solved immediately".

My point was this: if many users report issues with the game and Intel graphics, this will tell Intel and the developer that there are many users "interested" in running the game on system with intel graphics... therefore, if a user understand this, the more users report this, the more visibility Intel and the developer will see... but users also need to be willing to "be part of the debugging process" and provide necessary info. If a user is not interested in being part of the debugging process, then, should avoid posting "request of help" and instead, just follow other threads already posted about the issue... Obviously, every one is free to do whatever they want...

I downloaded this game for my nephew, and it is running fine but pushing the system to its maximums 😄 ... it has a Ryzen 5 3600 and a video card Pulse RX 5600XT 6GB...

I haven't tested the game yet, but Halo is one of my favorite saga..

0 Kudos
Eisenhardtttt
Beginner

IT'S JANUARY 31, 2022. still no updates on the driver updates for halo infinite..  I was able to finish both final fantasy 7 and God of War before i could even play halo.. and those are recent pc releases.. 

0 Kudos