Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

BSOD Intel Iris XE

DomA21
Beginner
Hi, so I'm using a GPD Win 3 with an 1165G7 with Intel Iris graphics and I keep getting bluescreens. The error is normally "Clock watchdog timeout error" I've got the most up to date drivers but still nothing. It only seems to happen when I'm gaming. Is this a known error with these current driver's or is there something else I can try to fix it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DomA21,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Have you run the optional updates for Windows?

4. Have you called the manufacturer of the device for troubleshooting steps?

5. Have you tried with the drivers from the manufacturer of the device?

6. Is this issue recent?

7. Does this happen with a specific game or all of them?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DomA21
Beginner
Hi, thank you for the response. I shall get those details sent over to you later. In the meantime, I've tried all optional windows updates. I've been in contact with the manufacturer and they say it's because of drivers. It doesn't effect every game, I'm able to play mirrors edge catalyst, black ops 3 and some other games absolutely fine, however it will bluescreen or crash on saints row 3, fallout 4 and fallout 76 along with some other games. This issue is recent as I only received the device a few weeks ago. It used to crash on every single game but since new drivers it's gotten slightly better.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DomA21, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DomA21
Beginner

here are the two files. youll see that im not running the beta drivers however ive tried them and the problem still persists.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DomA21, 

Thanks for the information provided, 

Based on the reports sent, I would like you to try the following:

1. Check for BIOS updates.

2. Use GPD Win drivers: https://www.gpd.hk/gpdwin3firmwaredriverbios

- I recommend you get in contact with them to confirm which drivers are appropriate for your device.

3. Use the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to check if there is an issue with the processor, this is because the BSOD that you received is related to the processor:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Also, is very important that you know that even if the device can work as a computer it is indeed a console and has a very customized system. Our drivers are just generic and your system needs the drivers that were customized by the manufacturer in order to work properly and that is the reason why I recommend you to check with them again since they have to fix or adjust the drivers.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello DomA21, 

I am just writing to let you know that I will proceed and close the thread. Do not forget to get in contact with the device manufacturer for further steps.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos