Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

BSOD While Installing Graphics Driver and WDDM Problem

LegioTX
Beginner

Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 2004 build (19041.264) without any problem. But, whenever I try to install Intel HD Graphics Driver 27.20.100.8190, I'm getting a BSOD with "VIDEO TDR FAILURE - igdkmd64.sys" error. Anyway, after rebooting, everything seems normal and driver looks successfully installed. I tried the new BETA driver too, but still same problem. The other problem is, my Intel HD Graphics 520 WDDM version still looks 2.1. My OS and AMD GPU says WDDM 2.7 in DxDiag and other tools (GPU-Z), but Intel driver says WDDM 2.1. Can anyone help me about that? I attached the Intel System Support Report. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try latest driver 27.20.100.8280

Download here (ignore yellow bar)

Otherwise try without Kaspersky software.

0 Kudos
LegioTX
Beginner
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello LegioTX,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Were you able to follow the step suggested by Stefan?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LegioTX
Beginner

Hi, thanks for reply. Unfortunately it's not fixed. I'm getting the same problem and it's only happens with Intel GPU Driver. I have a AMD GPU too (switchable GPU), but I can install it's driver without any problem. Also this problem happens in Device Manager too. Whenever I disable te Intel GPU and enable again, it goes black screen for 5 times with enabled/disabled Windows sound, then I'm getting a BSOD with "VIDEO TDR FAILURE - igdkmd64.sys". Is there any fix for this, or should I wait for another driver? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello LegioTX,

Thank you for your response. 

I can see that your computer has hybrid graphics, in this case, my recommendation is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer instead of a generic driver, especially when your system has hybrid graphics. 

Please test with the driver from the system manufacturer:

(Lenovo) - Type 80TL 21.20.16.4821

Please do a clean installation of the driver if there is one installed on your computer:

• Go to apps and features.  
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.  
  • Click on Intel Graphics Driver then Uninstall it. 
  • The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.  
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. 
  • Run the graphics driver you downloaded from our website.  
  • Follow the wizard installation. 

Can you please run the following tool:

• Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool
  • Once installed, the Intel® PDT starts testing the processor using the default configuration
  • save the test results file by clicking on file > view results file, file, then, save as to any location you specify.
  • Upload it to thread.

Have you tried a Windows* restore point? since the issue started after Windows* updates.

Have you tried loading default settings?

Regards,

Adrian M.

LegioTX
Beginner

Thanks, I tried the Lenovo's driver but this time, I got an BSOD (MEMORY MANAGEMENT). After rebooting, everything seems normal. GPU works fine. The other drivers having VIDEO TDR FAILURE error, but after reboot, driver works fine. Only during enabling/disabling driver. I don't why. Maybe because of the Windows 10 2004 version. I hadn't had this problem on previous Windows versions like 1909. By the way, Lenovo's driver was 3 years old. I attached the report file.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello LegioTX,,

Thank you for your response.

It's recommended to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer to avoid losing customizations performed by the system manufacturer on their systems especially when your system has hybrid graphics.

I understand that the driver is older than the ones we have in our download center, for this reason, I will recommend you to report this to Lenovo* so they can release new drivers with the customizations for your system.

Based on the report provided it seems that the processor it's working fine all tests were passed which is good, regarding this error provided it points to be memory issues so for testing porpuses you might try running a scan tool for your memory example: memtest86* just to confirm that memory is fine.

I would like to confirm if you can now use both graphics at the same time without errors?

Regards,

Adrian M.

LegioTX
Beginner

Yes, I have no problem with AMD GPU, only some BSODs while installing Intel drivers. With Lenovo's driver, I was unable to see or add other resolutions rather than my monitor's main size. Also, I can't select a resolution in Intel Graphics Control Panel with Lenovo's driver. So, I uninstalled the Lenovo's driver and installed the latest 27.20.100.8280 driver. I got the same BSOD, but after reboot, driver seems normal. Everything just fine. I can disable the driver from Device Manager, but it crasher after enabling it back. Anyway, I think I'll stick with the latest driver. I have no problem right now. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

0 Kudos