Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20662 Discussions

BSOD after exporting on premiere w/ARC A370M

AlexBo
Beginner

Hi!
It's my first post here and I wish I'll find a solution to my problem! 🤞

Here is my 2 months old laptop specs:

2022 Asus Zenbook Flip Pro 15" TouchOLED
Model: UP6502ZD
16gb Ram, 1TB SSD

Equipped with:

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics

My story:

I bought the laptop, installed Adobe CC & Photoshop & Premiere Pro.
When I first opened Premiere, I had an error message telling me that the drivers of my Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics were more than 6 months old and therefore not valid to Premiere.

Then I updated to the latest Driver Version: 31.0.101.3802

At this point, Drivers are up to date but Premiere doesn't recognize the ARC GPU and shows that I'm using the Intel Iris and the system is pretty slow.

I disabled the Iris through "Device Manager" and ran Premiere again. This seem to worked as now it's showing I'm working with the ARC GPU and it feels faster.

I enable Iris again and Premiere keeps working with ARC so I thought everything was fixed.

Fast forward a few days later, I edited a 3 min video and exported it with high quality settings.

As expected, the export takes a few minutes, fans are running high and loud but everything seem to work correctly while exporting.

But as soon as the export is done, the fans keep spinning very highly, the mouse starts glitching, the touch screen stops responding then about 30 seconds later, I get a Blue Screen of Death with stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
The BSoD stays forever until I manually restart the computer by holding down the power button.

It does this every single time I export a video and I bought this laptop to be my editing machine.

I tried re-installing the drivers but I can't since the system simply tells me "Drivers are already up to date"

I deleted and re-installed Premiere.

The ARC Control Software got installed on the laptop when I updated the GPU drivers. I tried deleting ARC Control thinking maybe it's messing with something but it didn't fix anything. I can't find how to re-install this software either by the way. 

I also went in the BIOS and clicked "applied default settings" as I read online it could maybe help with something but no luck.

The truth is that I just don't know what to do at this point and I really need to work on editing for work. Someone can help me please?

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
23 Replies
AlexBo
Beginner

Thanks Tom! Looks like this might have fixed the issue! I really appreciate.

0 Kudos
TomMD
Beginner

Great - just be careful using new drivers might freeze photoshop. Mine is fairly stable using V30.0.101.1325 - although attaching an eGPU (external geforce 3060) seems to be unstable in PS and crashes each time - mostly likely because my drivers are out of date! 

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

I would really appreciate some help here. My new 2000$ laptop which is also my main working tool is becoming a bit of a nightmare at the moment with these driver issues.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

0 Kudos