Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20776 Discussions

BSOD after exporting on premiere w/ARC A370M

AlexBo
Beginner

Hi!
It's my first post here and I wish I'll find a solution to my problem! 🤞

Here is my 2 months old laptop specs:

2022 Asus Zenbook Flip Pro 15" TouchOLED
Model: UP6502ZD
16gb Ram, 1TB SSD

Equipped with:

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700H
Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Intel® Arc™ A370M Graphics

My story:

I bought the laptop, installed Adobe CC & Photoshop & Premiere Pro.
When I first opened Premiere, I had an error message telling me that the drivers of my Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics were more than 6 months old and therefore not valid to Premiere.

Then I updated to the latest Driver Version: 31.0.101.3802

At this point, Drivers are up to date but Premiere doesn't recognize the ARC GPU and shows that I'm using the Intel Iris and the system is pretty slow.

I disabled the Iris through "Device Manager" and ran Premiere again. This seem to worked as now it's showing I'm working with the ARC GPU and it feels faster.

I enable Iris again and Premiere keeps working with ARC so I thought everything was fixed.

Fast forward a few days later, I edited a 3 min video and exported it with high quality settings.

As expected, the export takes a few minutes, fans are running high and loud but everything seem to work correctly while exporting.

But as soon as the export is done, the fans keep spinning very highly, the mouse starts glitching, the touch screen stops responding then about 30 seconds later, I get a Blue Screen of Death with stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
The BSoD stays forever until I manually restart the computer by holding down the power button.

It does this every single time I export a video and I bought this laptop to be my editing machine.

I tried re-installing the drivers but I can't since the system simply tells me "Drivers are already up to date"

I deleted and re-installed Premiere.

The ARC Control Software got installed on the laptop when I updated the GPU drivers. I tried deleting ARC Control thinking maybe it's messing with something but it didn't fix anything. I can't find how to re-install this software either by the way. 

I also went in the BIOS and clicked "applied default settings" as I read online it could maybe help with something but no luck.

The truth is that I just don't know what to do at this point and I really need to work on editing for work. Someone can help me please?

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
23 Replies
AlexBo
Beginner

Anyone has ideas on what I should do?

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you, thank you for the details provided in your post. In order to assist you can you please help us with the following information: 

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Thank you! I'm trying this tomorrow and I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Hi @Carlos_L_Intel 

Sorry for the time it took, I had the laptop set aside for a while and work on the ol' desktop.

I attached the scan and the graphic driver report but I don't think my laptop is equipped with "Intel Graphic Control Pannel" as I can't find it when searching.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant showed a new driver update was available so I installed it and I ran both test again. I attached the new results. I haven't had the chance to do an export to see if the driver update fixed anything.

(But the Intel ARC Control software has been re-installed with the new driver update. Is there anyway to not have this software always showing on startup?)

Thanks again,

Alex

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for the update. Let us know if this resolved the issue. 

On Intel® Arc™ Control, what you could do is:

• Look for Windows settings.
  • On settings look for Apps.
  • On Apps look for Startup.
  • Look for Intel® Arc™ Control and click on the toggle switch to turn it off on startup.

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Hi Carlo,

The driver update didn't fix the issue sadly. I managed to make one export successfully two days ago, but today I exported a second video and it happened again. Same symptoms as described on my first post.

Let me know please!

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for the update Int his case I would like you to please try the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) driver, however, we will perform a clean installation following this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html. You can get the OEM drivers here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/Driver/Graphics/27502/Graphic_IGCC_DCH_Intel_Z_V30.0.101.1631Sub1_27502.exe. Please let me know if anything changes.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I performed this and so far so good with a first export. I will update again after a few more exports!

Hopefully this works! Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for your post. I am glad it seems to be working please let us know if anything happens. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

I did a few more exports and so far so good! It looks like using the OEM Drivers have fixed the problem.

I am now disregarding the Intel software that tells me I have driver updates available and I will only perform OEM updates through the MyAsus software from now on.

I will reply here again if the problem reappears *knock on wood* but we can assume things are fixed now.

I really appreciate your help Carlos, thank you!

Alex

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

Thank you for the update. Yes, that would be ideal for the time being. Original equipment manufacturer drivers (OEM drivers) are generally a little behind in terms of version, which is why if you are using Intel software it might tell you you have an update, however, I would keep using the OEM drivers.

It has been a pleasure to help. Is there anything else I can help you with or should I go ahead and close this threat?

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @AlexBo

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Hi Carlos.

I have avoided any new Intel GPU Driver update because I don't want to have BSOD problems again. Everything was working correctly until today.  My "Windows Update" is up-to-date. On the 'MyAsus" app, which is where I assume I would get OEM updates when available, it seems I'm up-to-date as well:

AlexBo_0-1681688617490.png

When I open photoshop, I get this error message now:

AlexBo_1-1681688666510.png

Some features of PS (like "scrubby zoom") are not working anymore. As per this video ( https://youtu.be/Sa_HHI8OebI ) I would need to click "Use Graphic Processor" for the feature to work again but it's currently grayed out and can't click it (upper right corner):

AlexBo_2-1681688908515.png

Can you help me please?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
TomMD
Beginner

Hi - this is what worked for me, not official advice:

- Find a370m in device in device manager, right click, uninstall - make sure to click "attempt to remove driver"

- restart

- Find the original graphics driver on the ASUS website for your model. Mine is: https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-creators/zenbook/zenbook-pro-15-flip-oled-up6502-12th-gen-intel/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=UP6502ZD

Intel Graphics Driver
Version V30.0.101.1325
374.94 MB
2022/03/28

- Install and restart

Note: Version V30.0.101.1631  did not seem to install for me, but should also be supported

This should fix the freezes that happen on the new drivers. But it is VERY concerning that the latest intel drivers cause crashes!
0 Kudos
AlexBo
Beginner

Hi Support,

I have avoided any new Intel GPU Driver update because I don't want to have BSOD problems again. Everything was working correctly until today.  My "Windows Update" is up-to-date. On the 'MyAsus" app, which is where I assume I would get OEM updates when available, it seems I'm up-to-date as well:

AlexBo_0-1682103361302.png

When I open photoshop, I get this error message now:

AlexBo_1-1682103361106.png

Some features of PS (like "scrubby zoom") are not working anymore. As per this video ( https://youtu.be/Sa_HHI8OebI ) I would need to click "Use Graphic Processor" for the feature to work again but it's currently grayed out and can't click it (upper right corner):

AlexBo_2-1682103361127.png

Can you help me please?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
TomMD
Beginner

Have you tried setting Photoshop / creative cloud to use the "high performance GPU" in the windows Graphics settings? 

0 Kudos