Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

BSOD igdkmdnd64.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on the Inspiron 7506

Tobi_Germany
Beginner

Hello dear Intel support,

I bought a new Dell laptop with Intel graphic cards and facing blue screens every 1-2 days. The problem got public in different online forums and there is no solution for that issue yet. I imagine that Intel can provide support as the issue seems to be driver related.
There is another forum from Dell where you could get all the important information about that topic.
I would really like to keep that laptop but the blue screens are making me crazy.

I would appreciate if you have a look into it.

Thanks a lot!

Tobi

Link to the Dell forum:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/BSOD-igdkmdnd64-sys-SYSTEM-SERVICE-EXCEPTION/td-p/7859003

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Tobi_Germany

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

It is worth mentioning that we are aware of some reports about random Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors related to Stop Code: "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, igdkmnd64.sys failed" on systems with Intel® Iris® Xe MAX Graphics.

We are currently investigating this behavior and we recommend joining this Intel's community thread and to participate in the conversation with other users affected.

Also, in case we need more information from your system, could you please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and provide us with the report?

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
EdS817
Beginner

I am new here and I have the Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 with the Intel IRISxe Max graphics. Mine is only 5-weeks old and I've had the BSOD 5-6 times already. Usually it's after several hours of use, but yesterday it happened about 10-minutes after stating the computer.

Dell has not been helpful at all. I'm hoping to find a fix here.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @Tobi_Germany @EdS817.  We're aware of this issue but we haven't been able to observe it using our latest drivers. Since we can't see the BSODs occur ourselves, we are relying on additional user information to move forward with investigating this.

First, can you please try installing the latest Intel Graphics driver? Here's a useful link in case you aren't familiar with the process: How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10. If you're still seeing the issue after updating to the latest Dell driver and Intel generic driver, please follow up in this thread.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tobi_Germany and EdS817

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review the previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello all,

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. For further information and updates regarding this behavior, we recommend joining this Intel's community thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
EdS817
Beginner
I updated the Intel driver as well as the Realtek for the ethernet on my hub and have not had the BSOD since then. I'm sure it will happen tomorrow since I'm posting this now. 😄 I will update this if it continues & if this thread is closed I'll post a new one.
0 Kudos
Larry_West
Beginner

Wanted to see if posting in this thread would reactivate it after a moderator indicated it would no longer be monitored. Have a wealth of additional info on this problem. 

BTW: I am the originator of the post in the Dell site that Tobi referenced in his original post on this site.

0 Kudos