Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

BUG REPORT - Latest Iris Pro580 Win10 Drivers UNDERSCAN on HP 23XW Monitor

crodgers79
Beginner

See attached Bug Report.

FYI: Using Intel NUC Core i7 6th-generation PC, latest July 2021 Win10 graphics driver underscans leaving image with 1/4-inch to 1/2 inch black border all around screen image running at 1280x1090 Full HD resolution 60Hz refresh.

Switched HP power supply, swapped HDMI cables, changed screen resolution, upgraded to Win11 pre-release and problem STILL persists, Custom Scaling set to 100% on each axis, this is  definitely a driver problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

crodgers79, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

Was it working fine before without any under scanning?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report and the Intel® Graphics report, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
crodgers79
Beginner

Is this a new Intel® NUC? NO it's a 6th Gen Intel core i7 Model # NUC6i7KYK

Was it working fine before without any under scanning? NO, fresh install of Win10 then Win11 loaded latest Intel July 2021 driver

When did the issue start? Upon loadng July 2021 driver for Iris Pro Graphics 580

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Fresh install of Win10 on Intel NUC6i7KYK

Which specific Windows* version are you using? Now, Win11 pre-release from Insider Program

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? Home use only (retired)

Please attach the SSU report and the Intel® Graphics report, so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":  Attached files per your request

0 Kudos
crodgers79
Beginner

Dear Mr. Albert R.,

Well EGG ON MY FACE... Uggggh!

I thought tonight that the easiest way to test the theory of the Intel driver being the problem was simply to load another OS that does not use the July 2021 Intel 580 Iris Pro driver, so I loaded Zorin OS 16 Beta Linux alongside Win11. Zorin also boots with the aforementioned 1/2 border around the entire image so obviously I have a hardware problem with the NUC, the HDMI cable or possibly the monitor itself.

My apologies for wasting your time!

Stay well,

Chris R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi crodgers79, Thank you very much for sharing those results and the reports.

"My apologies for wasting your time!", no problem at all, we are glad to help and it is great to hear that you were able to confirm that there is a hardware problem either with the "the NUC, the HDMI cable, or possibly the monitor itself." Those are excellent news since by knowing the source of the problem you can now try to find the solution for it in replacing any of those components to fix the issue.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos