Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Bad HW acceleration in internet browsers Intel i7 6700HQ - W7 PRO x64bit

PVlac
Beginner

Hello,

I have laptop MSI GP62 6QF with Core i7 6700HQ, Nvidia GTX960M on WIndows 7 PRO x64bit and I have problems with HW acceleration in internet browsers (Firefox, hightly in Palemoon, Cyberfox, ... ) .

For example in Palemoon I can't play Youtube videos smoothly in 60 FPS and browser is stuttering. After start laptop and system Palemoon stuttering for 2-3 minutes (on Youtube in fullscreen - sometimes blinking black screen) .

And in Firefox or other Gecko browsers after while I have black screen in browser and I must restart it ( I don't know if I still have this problem, because today I updated Intel driver on the newer actual version 15.45.21.4821 ) .

So my question is:

Is the stuttering problem in Palemoon do bad Intel driver or Palemoon is not fully compatible with this CPU? I wrote on Palemoon forum, but nobody have this problem with stuttering or not smooth 60 FPS fHD videos. They told me, that are some problems with GPU in this CPU (HD530) .

60 FPS fHD youtube videos in Firefox, Chrome, Opera works smooth, but not in Palemoon.

Thank you in advance.

I would like to fix mainly the Palemoon, because this is my default and favourite browser.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I cannot provide an answer, but Palemoon is a fork of firefox, and firefox works ok, I would be asking the palemoon developers.

Doc

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Palemoon is not a fork Firefox now. They are using own Goanna engine. But they haven't got any problem with playback 60 FPS youtube videos in fullscreen, but for me is not that smooth and after start laptop and Palemoon, youtube is unwatchable for 2-3 minutes, because videos are totally stuttering and very often blinking black screen.

And as they said, Gecko browsers have problems with HD530 graphic, which is have my i7 6700 HQ.

I don't know where is the problem and I would like to solve it. Here is thread on Palemoon forum, where I comunicate with developers of Palemoon https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16640 Palemoon not optimized for Skylake CPUs? - Pale Moon forum .

Thank you for your quick reply and I hope, that this problem is solvable.

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

So what I must do, to work it? I think, there is problem with HW acceleration, but that's all 😕 . The biggest problem now is, that I start laptop and then start Palemoon, 60 FPS videos asre stuttering and ssometimes blinking to black screen (2-3 minutes) . Then videos works, but not that smooth as in Firefox, Cyberfox, Opera, etc. ... .

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Will Intel release any new version for Windows 7 x64bit? I think, that this problem is in Intel driver for Skylake CPU.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have moved your thread to the Graphics forum. You will get more support there.

Regarding Palemoon not being a fork of Firefox, Palemoon needs to update their https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Moon_(web_browser https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Moon_(web_browser)

Doc

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

Ok thank you, I hope, that this problem have got more users and it's solvable.

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

On Palemoon forum they said me, that this problem is in HD530 GPU, which I have in Core i7 6700HQ. So, Intel maybe should release some fix for this (on Windows 7 x64bit) ?

Btw. , I repeat the problem what I have. After start laptop and system, Palemoon is unusable for watching videos on Youtube for 2-3 minutes (videos blinking black and stuttering) . And 60FPS Youtube videos are not that smooth as in Opera or Firefox.

Palemoon dev. team do maximum for fix all these problems, but this my problem is maybe in Intel driver.

Thank you in advance, and I hope, that Intel still fixing Skylake drivers on Windows 7 x64bit.

I don't know now if I have similiar problem in Firefox or other gecko browsers (Intel release new version and I testing it now) when all browser jump to black screen and I must restart it. So the HW acceleration or I don't know what is problematic through the browsers.

0 Kudos
PVlac
Beginner

So, any ideas? It's a little frustrating, that I have 1000€ laptop and I can't smoothly browsing a web or watching videos. Before I had Lenovo laptop with Core i5 3210M and this laptop still faster (in browsing) than this i7 6700HQ. Both on W7 PRO x64bit.

HW acceleration, that's a problem. I am glad to any answer, if this problem solvable, if I should wait to fix drivers, or do something now, or if you doing something right now, etc. etc. .

Btw. , I think, when is HW acceleration element in web browsers, all browsers is slower and stuttering much more.

0 Kudos